16. Loki's Secret

Your body floated in the dark emptiness of Ginnungagap, the void in which the universe was created

Your body floated in the dark emptiness of Ginnungagap, the void in which the universe was created. Within this magically-charged gap, you coasted in the nothingness. You looked ahead at the two worlds that formed in the north and south. Niflheim lingered above with its frigid, freezing icicles, and Muspelheim loomed below forcing soot and hot lava into the air. It sent a bolt of electricity through you as you witnessed the ice melt into the fire, shaping a Jötunn, Ymir, the first-ever giant. After he was created another creature was made. A gigantic cow named Auðumbla, which kept Ymir alive. You watched as Auðumbla licked the salty ice wall, revealing more bodies. These were the bodies of the Aesir, the parents of Odin and his two brothers, Vili and Vé. Quickly they grew into adulthood, soon to battle the giant Ymir due to being pestered by the fact that the giants outnumbered the Aesir. You observed carefully as the gods fight the giants to death. The bloodshed from Ymir's body drowned almost all the Jötunns, leaving only one left. The last giant diverted his head sharply at you, locking eyes as it pierced you with immense fear. "You will die!" He wailed.

***

Your eyes blinked open. You look around frantically and notice you're back inside the prison cell with a shirtless Loki sleeping next to you. It was just a dream, or was it a vision? Either way, you tried to calm your breathing down from the out-of-body experience you just went through. Once you were okay and tranquil, you felt a wave of reassurance rush over as Loki's arm remained tight around you. In his embrace, you start to believe there is nothing to fear. Pondering the optimism that the both of you were going to make it out alive. Suddenly, Loki shifted and tightened his grip for a moment before burying his face into your neck. His unclothed chest made your skin quaver with contentment. It slightly tingled as the tip of his cold nose caressed your bare throat. This compelled you to smile big and lean in, to gently kiss his temple.

As you lay in the same position, you doze off for a minute thinking about how life would have been different if I stepped a few more inches away from that rose bush back on Midgard. None of this would have happened! ...I probably would be getting ready for graduation back home. But at the same time, who could say they met a god and traveled across the galaxy to another planet? Though I bet no college essay would pass me even if I decided to write about my affairs after encountering the Askaba relic. Your thoughts were soon cut short by a clangorous waking yawn coming from the raven-haired man. He turned his head up at you, matching each other's gaze. "Good morning." You spoke.

"It is a good morning indeed," Loki said as he moved closer to you while smirking.

Your cheeks blushed the shade of crimson when hearing his soft words. "How did you sleep?" You ask.

"Like a baby. And you?"

"Really good..." You drifted, starting to remember the dream about the void. "I slept great!"

"You okay (Name)?" Loki noticed your subtle dissociation.

"Yeah."

"Did you have a nightmare?"