7. Wrong Turn

A long corridor waited for you at the end of the palace, a hidden one, underneath everything

A long corridor waited for you at the end of the palace, a hidden one, underneath everything. The special one that drapes down from the bottom of Asgard, is filled with many different treasures. You two arrived. Loki entered before you and then disappeared. "Where did he go this time...?" You asked in a whisper being able to see your breath. You gently shut the door behind you, but it let out a loud bang sound that echoed. You cursed under your breath. The room was cold and dark. At the end of the corridor there was a white glowing wall covered in a metal black design, and in front of it lay a blue casket. Making your way deeper and deeper into the chamber, you felt as if someone were watching you. But no one was in there with you, and Loki was nowhere to be seen. A small bit of wind blew through the air leaving a draft, and you shivered. You became closer to the blue glowing casket. Once you were standing in front of it, your hand hovered over it, about to touch the tesseract.

All of a sudden a black crow gently landed on the casket before you could. In a surprise, you jumped back, gasping. It let out a distinct caw-like sound that screeched and echoed off the walls. Covering your ears, you tried to hush the bird as it hopped up and down on the tesseract in a hyperactive way, making loud crow sounds at different pitches. "Alright, what do you want? And where did you even come from?" You asked in an aggravated tone. The crow turned his head to the right and lifted his long narrow beak, telling you that's where he wishes to go...a large crack in the wall. He turned back to you, staring into your eyes with his emerald green ones. The black crow lowered his head, cleared his throat, and began to speak.

"Ready to continue?" He spoke in a low menacing voice.

"Is this a game?" You asked concerned.

"A game you ask?"

"Yes, Loki...changing into these different animals and appearing out of nowhere. You scared me to death earlier!"

"Keep in mind that I cannot control when and what I transform into!"

You sighed and rolled your eyes. "Okay, sorry...you just really scared me."

Loki raised his head with excitement and fluttered his beautiful wings. "Now, we...more like you, since you have hands, need to expand the crack, making it bigger for us to squeeze through."

You walked over to the wall as Loki flew towards you and landed on your shoulder. Placing your hands on each side, you pulled and pushed in opposite directions, trying to open the passage, but it didn't budge. "Oh come on, don't be a weakling," Loki said in your ear, trying to encourage you. You kept on at it until your face was red and out of breath. Panting heavily you turned around, placed your back against the wall, and slid down to the floor to sit, exhausted. He flew off of your shoulder and stood in front of you.

"Can't we get someone strong like Thor or a guard to open it for us?"

"No! No one must know that we are here!" Loki snapped. "Try again!"