8. Side Effect

The time was 05:15 and you felt a sharp pain in your right arm, it hurt so much that you woke in an outburst, crying, pleading for the pain to go away

The time was 05:15 and you felt a sharp pain in your right arm, it hurt so much that you woke in an outburst, crying, pleading for the pain to go away. It felt like someone had jabbed a thousand pins in your arm while on fire. "L-Loki!" You bawled.

There was no answer or action, just the still, cold home that remained with your screams. After thirty seconds, which seemed like hours, Loki finally came. "Where the hell were you!" You yelled in pain and anger.

"What's wrong?! Are you okay?!" He yelled with genuine concern, coddling you close to his chest.

"Agh!" The pain kept getting worse. Until, to your surprise, completely went away. The sobs then lifted to a shocking silence as tears ran down your red cheeks.

Loki stopped and looked at you. "What happened?"

"I-I don't know! All of a sudden my arm that the Askaba is in began to hurt really bad, then went away as if nothing happened. I'm scared!" You whimpered in fear, clinging to Loki for comfort.

"That means that we need to hurry to Vanaheim as soon as possible."

You buried your face into Loki's chest and let out sobs as your right arm began to feel numb. "I don't feel well, Loki!" You said barely being able to be understood by the muffled cries that you made in fear and aftershock.

"Shhh...it's okay...I've got you," He said in a calm tone, comforting you which made your heart beat slowly going back to normal, knowing that you were safe now. To be with someone, to be held close, to be with him. The God of Mischief. Loki finally got you back to your old self. Breathing properly again. "Now my dear, I will stay in here with you until we leave, I promise to not leave your side. You need just a few more hours of rest and then we shall venture on," He said with a small grin, placing a lock of your hair behind your ear, kissing your head. You inhaled deeply then exhaled, shutting your eyes, knowing that you were not alone.

***

The time was now 08:35 and you woke up before Loki, his arm was wrapped around you, making it impossible to move. It seemed like the incident from earlier never happened, you were fine, except your eyes were a bit red and heavy. Not knowing if you should wake Loki up or try to go back to sleep, you laid back staring at the ceiling. Finally, you decided to wake him up, his snoring was so loud in your ear that it had to stop.

"Loki...get up!" You whispered.

"What!" He yelled in a menacing tone, that frightened you.

"Its time to go..." You said in a shaky voice.

He slowly sat up in the bed using his elbows for support, towering over you, with a straight face. You then quickly gave him a hug.

"Thank you for staying with me."

"Stop that, Squint!" Loki spat, pushing you off of him as if trying to mask his kindness and soft side.

Moving away from the bed, you stood and looked at Loki then at the floor. "I'm sorry," You said quietly as you left the room. The raven-haired man rushed his fingers through his curled locks, sighed, cleaned himself up, and met you in the kitchen. Both standing at a distance in awkward silence, not looking at each other, you handed Loki an apple you found in a basket in the living room. "Here...you'll need this, for breakfast."