19. The Edge of the Realm

Sexual Content Warning

You woke up to Loki shaking you vigorously. "Wake up! Wake up!" He kept shouting.

"What's going on?" You groaned in a drowsy manner.

"I had to make sure you were still here, did you have any...you know, visions in your slumber?"

You gazed at the raven-haired man as your lips formed a generous grin. "No, I didn't have any nightmares about Frost Giants coming to kidnap me."

"Just had to make certain."

"I didn't have any dreams, if I did you made me already forget, with how you woke me up." You teased the god. It made your heart beat faster seeing how much care Loki had for you. "What are we doing on our last day before the Askaba gets removed?"

"Come, I want to show you somewhere in Asgard."

You exited the shelter and extended your arms out wide. "Where are we going?" You said midstretch.

"It's a surprise."

"Is it another secret room in the palace?"

"No. And I can't spoil the surprise. It wouldn't be a surprise anymore, now would it?"

It was such a gorgeous day as the sky was mostly clear with a couple of clouds sailing by. You could feel the warm rays of sunshine on your skin, it felt rejuvenating. Loki started walking down a path into the forest. His speed was slow at first, providing you the advantage of catching up. When you reached his side, the pace began to pick up. The first few moments of treading down the wooded trail were silent, giving you enough time to hear the sound of a waterfall flowing into a nearby pond. You saw a gathering of little ducklings waddling around tracking their renowned and confident mother. As the mother moved to a separate spot, one by one the babies followed her. You brought your attention back to the task and wondered where Loki was leading you.

"Where there are wolf's ears, wolf's teeth are near," Loki spoke.

"Huh? Are you talking about Geri's fang?"

"No, it's a saying here in Asgard. It means to be aware of your surroundings. I see how well-aware you are of your surroundings. Which is absurd of my people because they are naive clowns. I, the God of Mischief, manipulate them all the time by merely listening. I notice that about you as well. Your teeth are sharp, but your ear's sharper, just like me, and I admire that about you."

"Thank you!" You blushed. "Are there any more sayings or stories you could share about Asgard?" You wanted to continue the conversation.

"Have you heard the tale about the Mead of Poets?"

"I'm not too familiar."

"You're in for a treat. You'll learn how mead poured out of Odin's ass in the form of a falcon as he flew over Asgard."