10. The Search

"Jon!" Loki yelled

"Jon!" Loki yelled.

There was no answer, just the lifeless living room. "Check everywhere." He told you.

You went into Jon's bedroom and found nothing but an unmade bed and some shelves with musty books on them. You stepped over a pile of dirty clothes that lay on the floor smelling quite bad. Looking out of the splotched glass window, you took a deep breath of relaxation, happy that it was quiet, being able to see a beautiful view of a nearby grassy field. It was so peaceful until Loki interrupted.

"Where is he?!" He bellowed from another room.

You jumped in fear from the disruption as you slowly followed his voice. "Where could he possibly be?" Questioned Loki.

"We don't have to find him," You stated.

"Oh yeah...and how do you expect us to get the Askaba out of you then? It can't stay inside you forever, you'll die."

"I know, but-"

"But what?"

"At least we are here, together."

"Yes...I just hope we don't have to start from the bottom again." Loki started getting mad.

You inched closer to him and kissed his cheek. Surprisingly he did nothing. It seemed to cool his temper. "What was that for?" He asked.

"To calm you down. And apparently, it worked."

He sat down in a chair, frustrated. "I can't just walk out of the house and search for him. The people will put me in prison, for even being here." Loki said, hand on his head for support, staring at the table.

"I wish this never happened. If only I hadn't bumped into that bush, then the Askaba wouldn't be trapped in me."

"It's not your fault," Loki said bringing his gaze to you.

"May I ask, how exactly did all of this happen? How and why did the mystical shard become trapped in me?"

"Well, the AllFather Odin kept the Askaba safe here in Vanaheim along with other enchanted relics. This important one happened to accidentally fall down to Midgard. It disguised itself as a normal everyday object. So I suppose that it was a rose bush near your house and you mistakenly ran into it, causing it to become stuck inside your system."

"Oh...do you really think it was an accident or was I supposed to come to space and meet you?"

"Either one is fine by me," Loki smirked in a flirtatious manner.

As time went by, you walked into Jon's kitchen, snooping around. You opened the ice box, looking for something to eat. Loki then came up from behind you.

"I thought that you were not hungry."

"What do you mean? I don't remember eating today...Did you eat without me?"

"...No..." Loki remembered how you had no memory of earlier. 

"Hmph." You found a round plum-like fruit that seemed good enough to eat. Bringing it to your nose, you sniffed the sweet sugary scent that came from it.

You took a bite as the purple juice ran down your face with a cold feel to it. You then finish it while trying to find a drink to wash it down, but there was none. "Loki? Am I at least allowed to leave and find Jon, more importantly, water?"

He stood, thinking for a while. He did want you to see if you could search for Jon, but overall, he wanted you to stay, so you don't end up in some sort of mayhem.

"No, I prefer you to remain here, with me."

"Aw, but I'm thirsty."

"Here let me show you something," said Loki, wanting to change the subject.

"Okay, what?" You moaned; annoyed.

The raven-haired man pulled out a piece of paper that contained a picture of an elder man. He has a long gray beard, wrinkles on his face and small blue eyes, white hair on the top of his head that seemed to be falling out, and olive skin. "This is the man we are looking for, Jon."

"Alright. And...?"

"I would like for you to go into the village and receive him, and bring him back here. Do you understand?"

"Yes, but you just said that I can't go?"

"I know. I changed my mind, we desperately need to find him."

You got ready to leave and turned around, facing Loki. He hugged you goodbye. "Please be safe!" He said with a tight grip.

Loki could feel you smile while still in hug form. "Now I mean it! Just go find him and return here! Nowhere else."

"Okay, okay, stop worrying. Bye Loki." You grinned, looking back at him, and shutting the door.

***

Many people roamed the streets of Holldalia. It was quite a sight to see this many people in one area. You looked to your left and saw Yuki staring at you from a distance with her eyes narrowed as if she knew what was up. Shaking the thought away, you proceeded through the village. Even though Loki told you to find Jon, you had to find something to drink, otherwise, you would die of thirst.

Walking around, you found a small pond near a few large buildings. Bending down you took serval mouthfuls of the beautiful, clear fresh water. Once again it was calm and quiet. Vanaheim was a pretty realm to visit. Wishing to stay by the small spring, you knew that you had to finish your mission. You stood up and carried on. You went down a narrow path that led farther away from the town. Getting sidetracked from what you were really supposed to do, you wandered around the many different shops. That item is so pretty! I would love to return home and everyone just awe over it. You thought. Up ahead in the distance, you could see a short man that stood out from the other people around you. Getting closer, you notice that it was...Jon. Before even taking another step, you felt a slight pain rush through the back of your head that soon hurt a lot as your vision faded to black, passing out.