4. Going Forth

"Hey! How ya doing back there?" Asked the policeman

"Are you talking to me?"

"Well you are the only other person in here."

"I know but...why would you want to talk to me? Officer uhh...Faust." You attempt to read his name tag.

"Why do you seem so down?"

"Well I did just get arrested..."

"No, you didn't."

"Huh?"

"My last name isn't Faust."

"But your tag says 'Officer Faust' on it."

"Oh and one more thing, Squint. That would be Officer Laufeyson to you."

"Loki?"

"That's right." Said the policeman as green orbs surrounded him, changing his form into Loki. You got up, trying to hug him, but you remembered that you still had handcuffs on. "By the way. Do you have any idea how to work one of these mortal things with wheels underneath it, that we are in?"

"...Yeah...just put your right foot on that petal."

Once Loki did as he was told, the car halted quickly, making you fly up to the front with him. "Ow!" You shouted in pain as your body slammed into the dashboard.

"Sorry." Loki snickered playfully.

"It's whatever. Let's get out now." You said as you were upside down in a square-like position. Loki opened his door, walked to the other side of the car, and waited for you to come out as well. "Um...Loki. I need some help!"

"Oh yeah...the bindings." Loki laughed with amusement at your struggle.

You stood up and stretched your legs. "Do you think you can get these handcuffs off?"

"Indeed. Turn around."

You turned around to face the car. Loki's fingers gently rubbed against your hands to the point where he felt the deep cut, which made him pause. "Everything okay back there?" You asked.

"Yes, it's alright." He placed his hand over the binds and then they disintegrated into black ash. You noticed after his hand touched yours, the deep scar injury was healed like nothing impaled you. You faced Loki and hugged his neck tightly.

"Thank you so much for not leaving me! And healing my hand!"

"Told ya I can fix it." Loki laughed. "The physical injury is healed, but the crystal relic is still trapped inside. Also, why would I up and leave you? You do have the relic dummy!"

You stop hugging and took a step backward, "Thank you again." You blushed.

"Come on, let's find the Bi-Frost sighting." 

"I can't wait to see it with my own eyes!" You said with excitement as the knowledge of Norse was still settling in and fresh in your head.

"It will definitely be an experience," he said while staring into your eyes.

Without warning, Loki fell to the ground as if his ankles snapped in half. He let out a distressful cry in pain. His body lay there shaking as black hair grew all over him, becoming fur. Big ears grew out of his head and out of his face popped a long snout, he had transformed into a beast.

"You're...you're a wolf!"

"Yeah. I can tell." Loki said as he let out a howl.

You knelt down and put your hands over his snout, sealing it shut. "Shhh. We don't need to draw attention." You said in a loud whisper.

"I know. That was just a side effect." His green wolf eyes looked up at you.

"This way." Loki's nose stuck up in the air, sniffing.

"Is this all my fault?" You asked.

He turned around, "Well not all your fault." 

You looked down at the ground. "I'm sorry!"

"No need to apologize." Lightning struck the ground in the far distance where the town was.

"Oh no." You said.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Well, you said that we need to find the Bi-Frost sight right?

"Yes."

"I think it may be that way." You said, trusting Thor gave you a hint of its location while pointing towards the city in the distance.

"Oh." Loki sighed.

"Is there any way you can change back?"

"No, because I can't control what I shapeshift into."

"Should we wait until you change again, or take the risk?"

"Why don't we have some fun and take the risk," Loki said with a hunger for mischief.

"Alright. But if anything happens, I blame you."

Loki had a playful smirk on his fluffy wolf face. "Let's go."

You began to walk to town with Loki at your side as the sun was starting to set. I hope no one gets suspicious about me entering a city with a huge massive wolf at my side. You thought to yourself. Moments later walking in silence, you two made it to town.

***

"My goodness, what a big dog you have." Said a woman, stopping you. "What kind is he? What's his name?"

You paused for a moment, thinking of what to say. "Um, he's a hybrid, and his name is Loki, ma'am."

"Loki? What kind of name is that?"

"Oh just one that fit his looks, I guess."

"You know, I had a dog once, his name was Ruffles!"

Loki rolled his eyes and bumped into your side as if telling you to move on.

"I would love to hear more of Ruffles, but I must go now, bye."

"Oh my gods, that lady was annoying," Loki said.

"Be nice, she was an old lady."

"Whatever. Now, where exactly did you see the lighting?"

"Over that way." You said while pointing towards the northwest.

You and Loki ran in that direction until you both reached a clear opening where the Bi-Frost sighting waited. When you two approached it, you squatted down to get a better view. Your fingers rubbed against the ground over the beautiful markings that stretched into a wide circle. "Stand on the markings." Loki demeaned. You did as you were told. "Heimdall open the Bi-Frost!" As Loki yelled a rainbow light surround the two of you, lifting you up. All of a sudden you and Loki were being sucked into what seemed like a black hole that was covered in rainbows. As you traveled to a new realm, you tried to reach out and touch the light but couldn't because your body had to remain stone-still when moving.

The journey to Asgard was over now. You got shot into a golden dome-like room with a man standing in the middle of it, with a long beautiful sword. You looked to your right and saw Loki next to you back in his normal form. "Welcome to Asgard," Loki said staring down at you with a small grin.