1. Excuse Me?

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! The alarm boomed in your left ear

You lethargically tried setting it back to snooze for the third time in hopes of laying in bed all day. You turned over on your side now facing away from your phone. The sheets were wrapped tightly around your warm body, still half asleep. Moments passed and you knew that you had to get up at some point, so you rolled over, currently slouched on the edge of the mattress. The blurry view from such a deep slumber affected your eyes as you rubbed them gently. You threw the covers off which sent shivers down your spine due to the cold draft in the room...In about forty-five or so minutes you were ready for this Monday's class.

You left your home hoping today would be better than the last. The early morning fog rolled in over the grass, giving it the perfect match to the late October season. The sky illuminated a dark grey tint as it was littered with clouds. You walked to the public transportation bus stop near your house, and as you did, you stepped a bit too close to a rose bush and a thorn got you, "Ow!" You spoke under your breath as you brought your right hand to your mouth, licking the thick wet blood off and wiping the rest of the dried blood onto your pants. I don't remember roses being here before... You thought.

As you walked away from the bush, a faint green smoke followed behind you and then faded away, not seeing it. A second after the rose thorn ripped your skin off, both thunder and lighting clashed together at the same time, causing you to jump...it then began to pour down rain. You run to board the bus and sat down in an empty seat, pulled out your phone, and headphones, and began listening to music. The thunder made you think of Zeus, the god of sky and thunder. You were a geek in Greek mythology since the first time learning about it in middle school. You always dreamed about one day getting to fight alongside the gods and goddesses. As you waited to arrive on campus, you looked down and rubbed the torn-off flesh. The bus halted to a complete stop. Making you turn to your side, hitting the back of the seat in front of you. You put your backpack on and enter the building. After waiting fifteen minutes in the library, you head to your class where one of your friends waited for you.

"Hey."

"Hi," You said as you sat down in your seat, starting the assignment on the board.

"What's up? How was your weekend?"

"Sh!" You answered in a grumpy matter. Not trying to be mean or anything, but you were extremely exhausted. "Sorry...I'm just tired that's all."

"Don't worry it's fine. I-" Your friend got cut off from their sentence due to the professor entering the classroom.

"Good morning class. Get ready to write an essay today." She said in a peppy tone, which made you uneasy. For the rest of that time, the class was silent. The only noise to be heard was their fingers tapping their laptop's keyboard, typing away.

***

Once the second lesson ended, it was time to go outside for a break. The weather had cleared up since earlier, good enough to stay out for several minutes at least.

"(Name)!" Another one of your friends shouted from behind, jumping on you, which made you bang your wounded hand up against a metal pole.

"Ouch! Shit!" You screamed aloud causing people near you to stare. The cut has now torn open letting blood gush out. Once your hand got worse, a massive lightning bolt struck the sky and thunder followed behind it seconds later. When others came to investigate, your arm started to beam a low green light.

"What's that glowing?" Someone said aloud. Once they did, the shining ray disappeared.

"Are you okay?"

"O.m.g. like what happened?" So many people stood around you. They were making you uncomfortable.

"Come on let's get you to the nurse," Said your friend. Your arm was wrapped around their shoulder, as you both leisurely walked to the nurse's office to get a bandage. You got your class excuse and continued through the slow, painful day.

It was now lunchtime. You were quite scared to go to lunch because your poor hand would get worse everywhere you went. And every time it got injured, it was a coincidence that it would thunder at the same time...or maybe I'm starting to go crazy? You got your food and sat down at a table, shaking the thought away. When there were only five minutes left, some guy walked by you and tripped. It caused him to jab a plastic fork through the bandage and into your skin. You sat there with anger building up inside, staring at him with a fork sticking out of your hand. You stood up, pulled it out, and went on to the last class.

Finally, it was the final one! You sat down in your seat. When you finished the assignment, you stared at the wall drifting into a daydream until the teacher began to teach a lesson, so you then took notes. Class at this point only had thirty minutes left. You got to finish your notes early and began to doze off again. This time you fantasize about what it would be like to explore Olympia.

***

All of a sudden the door opened quickly. In walked a tall man. He was not a teacher by what he was wearing: golden armor, a green cape, and many different odd features. He scanned the room with his green eyes narrowed and really focused, and finally, he glared at you. His stare shot trembles up your backbone. It felt very similar to a fever dream. The strange man pointed in your direction. "You! Come with me now!" He roared in a demanding tone.

Usually, someone would not go if that happened, but he was so...serious, that instincts told you to get your stuff and move. The professor and students screamed in fright at the fact that something so dramatically random had just occurred. The man motioned you to follow and then he walked out into the hallway, waiting. You did as you were told and obeyed. By the time you stepped out the door, he was gone. "Where did that guy go...?" You whispered to yourself. You looked down and saw a black cat.

"My name is Loki, we have some business to attend to." Said the little feline.