Chapter One.

Wren's POV

Hi, my name is Wren Barkowitz and I'm a werewolf! For centuries, my pack and I have been living in the forbidden Forrest. We've hidden ourselves in plain sight ever since the Settlers from Seabrook invaded our land and stole our Moonstone. Without it, our necklaces have slowly started to lose its charge, causing some of us to become very sick.

Our leader, Willa who happens to be my mate has tried desperately to find the moonstone but to no avail. Legend has is, that a girl with white hair will lead our pack as the Great Alpha and retrieve the moonstone back to its rightfull place. But with the elders too sick to travel, we are left to find them both and we're running out of time.

"Hey, you okay?" Willa asked walking up to me outside the Den.

"We're running out of time, Willa. I'm afraid we're never gonna find the Moonstone in time". I sighed sadly.

"We're gonna find it! I promise". She assured, bringing me into a tight hug.

"I'm not gonna let anything happen to you or our pack". She added before pulling away and cupped my cheeks in her hands.

"I've got you!" She smiled and I gave her one in return.

Willa leaned in slowly making me do the same, but before out lips could touch, a loud crash, followed by screaming ruined our moment and Willa pulled back and looked around alert.

"What was that?" I asked as her eyebrows knitted together.

"Wolves!" She yelled, gaining the attention of the pack and she grabbed my hand before taking off towards the place the noises were coming from with the wolves in tow.

We got closer to the sound of a girl yelping in pain, making her turn around in worry as the sound of the wolves hissing and growling got louder.

"Who's there?" She called out, looking around her.

"Zed?" She called out again.

"Who's there?" She asked again.

"Hello?" She called as the wolves started to surround her in the nearby distance.

"Can anybody hear me?" She asked shakily.

"Zed?" She yelled more panicked.

The look of fear on her face when the growling got louder made me internally proud of the pack, so when Willa and I jumped on top of a large Boulder and caught the attention of the frightened girl, Willa howled out making me and the other wolves follow suit.

The girl looked around in horror as Willa and I jumped off the Boulder and ran off when the sound of someone else approaching got louder.

"Did you see that? She had white hair!" One of the wolves commented and I looked at Willa to see the uncertainty on her face.

"You don't think it's her?" I asked, referring to the legend.

"It could mean anything". She answered.

"What do we do?" I questioned making her sigh.

"We wait for Wyatt to return!". She answered before walking off and I turned to look at my sister making her shrug.

○○○○

A little while later, we were back outside the Den and I was talking to Wynter, when Willa called out.

"He's back! Wolves!"

"Over here!" Wyatt called back as everyone approached him.

He took off the worker's helmet and overalls he stole from ZombieTown and went over to one of the pack members, who gave him back his Moonstone necklace, before another painted his Beta mark on his face.

When he turned around to the three of us, his Moonstone started glowing causing his eyes to glow orange as he bared his teeth to us with a hiss.

"What did you find out?" Willa asked.

"They saw you howling, Willa". He answered authoritively.

"So?" She scoffed.

"We're exposed!". He counted, pulling out a drawing of a wolf that looked to have been done by a child.

"Looks nothing like us, Wyatt!" I laughed, taking the drawing out his hand to look at it.

"We have way better hair than that". I scoffed turning it around to show him.

"Stop being such a worry- wolf, brother. I only said "awoo"! It's like saying "Ciao" or "aloha". Willa shrugged.

"Or, "I'll rip your throat out". I corrected making her look at me.

"Anyway, who cares what they think? It's a terrible town". Willa scoffed.

"We have to find the Great Alpha". Wyatt reminded her.

"If there even is a great Alpha". She argued.

"Willa, we saw her in the Forrest. She had the white hair". I butted in.

"It was probably just the light". She slightly raised her voice at me, making me glare at her.

"She's real, and she's going to lead us to the moonstone!" Wyatt backed me up.

"And you know we don't have much time!" He added.

"More and more of our pack is getting sick. Our necklaces are almost out of power. We need to find the moonstone". I argued making her look at me and sigh.

"And when we do, we can recharge our necklaces and stay wolf strong for another 100 years". My sister stated cheerfully.

"Okay. Even if the girl is the Great Alpha, how do we find her?" Willa questioned.

"I found this in the woods, it's hers". Wyatt answered, pulling out a green badge with purple writing.

Wynter gasped excitedly making us look at her.
"We'll track her down with our keen sense of smell". She smiled.

"It says, ' Seabrook High' on it, so I thought we might just look there". Wyatt shrugged.

"Ugh!" Willa groaned.

"Okay, fine. We find the girl, and if she's the Great Alpha, she'll tell us where the moonstone is hidden". She agreed.

"We go in the morning". Wyatt announced.

"We go tonight!" Willa argued before turning to grab my hand and walk towards the woods.

"Or tonight works". Wyatt muttered.