Chapter Eight

For the next two days we didn't go to school as the wolves were getting worse. It was up to Willa, Wyatt and I to take care of them, but my main focus was on Weston, who was currently curled up in my lap with a blanket around him.

"Wren, are we gonna die?" He asked above a whisper and I brushed some of his hair out of his face.

"I don't know how to answer that, pup". I sighed as he started coughing again.

"Try and get some sleep. I'll be right outside if you need me". I stated before laying him down on his bed and planted a kiss to his head.

I left his room before closing the door behind me slightly when Willa walked up to me from down the hall.

"How is he?" She asked worriedly.

"He's getting worse". I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest before leaning against the door frame.

"I failed you, Wren! I failed Weston and everyone else". She sighed and I looked at her sadly.

"Willa.." I muttered softly and she shook her head.

"I was supposed to protect all of you, especially you and him and I failed. This is all my fault". She snapped.

"Stop it!" I scoffed, raising my voice slightly as I grabbed her face in my hands.

"This is not your fault, Willa. None of this is". I assured her as she stared at me.

"You did everything you could to save us and I am so proud of you". I added before wiping away her tears falling onto her cheeks.

"Obviously I didn't do enough". She scoffed.

"There's nothing else we could've done. Stop blaming yourself for something that was beyond your control". I stated.

"Then who should I blame?" She sniffed.

"How about those settlers who stole the moonstone in the first place?" I scoffed.

"Just, look on the bright side". I smiled softly and she scoffed.

"There's a bright side?" She questioned and I shrugged.

"At least we'll die together and we don't have to worry about one of us meeting someone new". I joked making her smile slightly.

"Only you could make dying sound tolerable". She sighed before hugging me tightly.

"I need to prepare some of the sick wolves meals. You gonna be okay?" I asked after a few seconds and pulled back as I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Yeah". She mumbled and I gave her a small smile before kissing her on the cheek and left towards the kitchen.

Half an hour later, I was running around the kitchen trying to prepare the wolves food when a loud bang came from behind me followed by a yelp and I turned around to see that Wyatt had dropped a pan on his foot making me scoff.

"Wyatt, will you get out of the kitchen!" I groaned and he turned to look at me.

"Willa said I should help you in here". He commented.

"You don't even know what you're doing unless there's a bonfire and even then your s'mores are a mess". I scoffed.

"That was insulting". He muttered and I glared at him.

"Well you're insulting my space. Now get out!" I snapped making him look at me sadly and I sighed.

"I'm sorry... I'm just..." I muttered and he pulled me into a hug.

"I know. It's okay!" He assured softly.

"Willa!" I heard Weston cry out making me pull back from Wyatt and run out of the kitchen to find him in her arms as she comforted the crying pup.

"What happened?" I panicked running up to them.

"It's okay, he just had a nightmare!" Willa assured me and I sighed before placing my hand on his back comfortingly and he turned to bury his face in Willa's neck.

Suddenly Zed walked into the Den and looked around at the sick wolves sadly before coming up to us and we glared at  him.

"They were wrong to destroy Seabrook power, and I was wrong about werewolves". He spoke and I gave Willa a look.

"You have every right to fight for who you are". He added.

"Yeah, but what are we now, Zombie?" I snapped.

"You're fierce, proud werewolves". He stated.

"Yeah, they think we're monsters". Willa scoffed.

"We are monsters". He smirked and I raised an eyebrow at him before sharing a look with Willa.

"Are you sure this is a good idea? I don't want to get tasered again". I scoffed as I adjusted my outfit just as Willa walked into our room from the conjoined bathroom.

"I'm not gonna let that happen. And just like Zed said, we have every right to be there". She stated and I turned around to look at her and she looked me up and down with wide eyes.

 She stated and I turned around to look at her and she looked me up and down with wide eyes

"Although, I'm starting to question if we should stay and you let me have my way with you". She smirked, pulling me against her by my hips and I giggled.

"You're such a horn dog". I joked making her chuckle.

"You look beautiful, Wren!" She smiled causing me to blush.

"You don't look too bad yourself". I smiled back before she grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it.

"I believe we have a Prawn to crash". She smiled before leading me out of the room.