Chapter Six

Weston^^^

The next morning, the wolves and I were standing at the end of the hallway near the trophy cabinets, going over the plans to retrieve the Moonstone, whilst everyone was at the election.

"All right, we don't have much time. This is how we sabotage the demolition and stop them". Wyatt explained, holding the blue prints to Seabrook power.

"It's my responsibility to make sure we're all safe. We follow my lead". Willa interrupted.

"It's a good plan, Willa". Wyatt argued.

"What plan?" Addison questioned and we turned to look at her walking over to us.

"We're going after the Moonstone. Top secret. You can't tell anyone". Wynter answered and we looked at her wide eyed.

"Bad wolf, bad wolf!" She muttered once she realized her mistake making me sigh as Willa rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"You're going after the Moonstone now?" Addison questioned.

"Its won't survive the detonation". I stated.

"The let me join you. I'm ready to become a wolf". She smiled.

"If you really are one". Willa scoffed.

Addison took out the box containing the moonstone necklace and opened it but her face fell.

"It's gone". She gasped looking at us and Willa's face contorted into pure anger.

"You lost it?" I questioned in bewilderment.

"Do you know how precious a moonstone necklace is?" Willa yelled.

"If she was serious about being a wolf, if she was the Great Alpha, she wouldn't have been so careless". She spat in anger.

"No, I.... I don't know how! I..." Addison stuttered before Willa cut her off.

"Stay out of our amazing hair". She snapped, throwing her hair over her shoulder before walking towards the exit. I sighed before giving Addison a look of pity and grabbed my sister's hand before following after my mate.

Willa led us towards Seabrook Power through the forest and she turned to look at us once we were in view of the building.

"All right, you know the plan. Follow my lead and--" Willa spoke before being cut off by rustling in a near by bush and we turned to look at it alert.

"Show yourself, now!" Wyatt yelled authoritively.

The bush rustled some more before a little figure appeared in front of us looking scared.

"Weston!?" Willa and I called at the same time.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned walking over to him, bending down in front of him making him look at me nervously.

"I wanted to help". He muttered making my eyes soften.

"Pup, it's too dangerous for you to be out here". Willa explained walking up behind me and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"But I can help". He argued looking up at her hopingly.

"You can help by staying in the Den where we know you're safe". Willa scolded making him sigh.

"I'm sorry". He mumbled looking down at his fingers and I sighed deeply.

"It's okay. I'm gonna get him back to the Den. You focus on getting the Moonstone". I said standing up and looked at Willa.

"Okay". She nodded before bending down to kiss Weston on his head.

"I'll be back soon". She assured him and he nodded before grabbing ahold of my hand.

"Willa". I called when she turned to leave and she looked back at me.

"Please be careful!" I warned in which she came over to me before grabbing my face in her palms and kissed me deeply for a few seconds.

"I will!" She assured, pulling back and I nodded before watching her leave with the others.

I led Weston back into the forest with his little hand in mine and a few minutes later, he stopped and turned to look at me.

"When will I be allowed to join in on the hunts?" He asked and I sighed through my nose.

"When you're old enough!" I answered.

"Like, when I turn eight?" He asked making me chuckle.

"Wes, when your mom died, Willa and I promised her that we'd take care of you. You're our responsibility now and we can't let you run into the line of danger because we're trying to protect you". I explained.

"I miss her, my mom. She died because her necklace lost it's charge. What if we lose ours?" He asked sadly.

"That won't happen, okay? Willa and the pack are retrieving the moonstone right now as we speak. Everything is going to be okay, we won't let anything happen to you". I assured him.

Suddenly a loud blaring sound came from the direction of Seabrook Power and my heart sank. The wolves must of triggered the alarm.

"Wren!" Weston yelled in fear when a large patrol vehicle came out of nowhere and my eyes widened.

"Wes, listen to me, you have to get out of here!" I turned to look at the pup and his eyes widened.

"I don't want to leave you!" He began to cry and I sighed.

"Weston, you have to go! Run!" I yelled at him making him flinch before taking off into the forest and I turned to look at the Z-patrol that surrounded me, making my eyes glow orange and I bared my fangs at them with a hiss.

A can was thrown towards me and I looked down at it just as a cloud of smoke surrounded me. Suddenly my lungs started burning, making it hard for me to breathe and I broke out into a coughing fit and I tried to clear the smoke by swatting my hand.

"Colloidal silver, that will tame her". One of the guards chuckled just as he came up to me and grabbed my arm tightly.

"Move it! He yelled pushing me forward as he led me into the building forcefully.