Chapter Five.

Addison followed us into the forbidden forest and once we were a few feet away from the Den, we turned to look at her.

"Where are we going?" Addison questioned, standing next to Wynter.

"It's a wolf secret. If we told you, we'd have to kill you". Wynter answered, unaware of how bad that sounded which made us look at her funny.

"Too much, too much. I knew it, sorry". She immediately apologized once she saw the look on our faces.

"Welcome!" She smiled before looking at us and I shared a look with Willa.

"But not to welcome". She yelled making Addison flinch.

Wynter hissed, trying to intimidate her, but her eyes changed green, making her cough uncontrollably.

"Are you okay?" Addison asked placing a hand on her back and I went over to her and pulled my sister against me for support.

"My necklace is losing its charge". Wynter said weakly.

"Every day, more and more of our pack becomes sick because their Moonstones lose their power". I explained making her look at me.

"All of our elders are too sick to travel, which leaves..." Wyatt spoke until Willa cut him off.

"Which leaves taking care of the pack to us. To me." She finished.

"You'll be fine, Wynter. I promise". She assured, walking up to my sister to comfort her.

"You better be right about this". Willa glared at her brother.

"We need to find the moonstone, soon". She added before the both of us led Wynter towards the Den.

"Follow us, Addison. Please". Wyatt pleaded before she did what he asked.

"The wolf Den!" Wynter yelled with her arms outstretched once we were inside and I smiled at her eagerness.

"Wow". Addison commented and Wynter looked at her.

"It's okay to be impressed". She smiled.

"Wren! Willa!" One of the were-pups yelled excitedly  and I bent down to pick him up just as he ran towards us.

"Hey, pup". I smiled brightly as Willa ruffled his hair with a smile making him giggle.

"Our language.' Awoo', Addison!". Wyatt howled.

"That means welcome". He smiled at her as we followed him further in the den.

"Awoo!" Addison howled making the wolves laugh.

"Ostrich boots?" I asked pulling a face.

"No, I think Addison meant, 'Awoo!" Wyatt howled again and she tried to copy him, making the wolves laugh at her again including Weston.

"Polka dot unicorn?" Wyatt chuckled.

"Cool, where?" Wynter yelled excitedly.

"She's funny". Weston giggled making me smile at him.

"Oh, no. Sorry, um. Uh...." She stuttered before howling briefly making everyone gasp as I covered Weston's ears.

"Whoa, whoa. Language. There are were-pups around". I warned before removing my hands from the child's ears.

"She needs to put a pebble in the swear-wolf jar". Wynter commented and the wolves started howling making Addison flinch.

"I am so sorry". She whispered.

"Enough". Willa sighed before taking Weston into her arms as he reached for her.

"This isn't why we brought her here". She added.