I: Promise

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

An alarm blaring on a nearby nightstand made Mitsuki roll over to her left and slam a hand down over a small console, the woman groaning with her hand drooping down the side of the bed. Her eyes shut tightly and for a few moments she remained prone on her bed before forcing herself to muster up the strength in pushing the covers off and sitting up. She yawned, reaching for the sky as her bones popped and crunched at all the right kinks of her body, Mitsuki hopping off her bed and heading towards the bathroom to prepare for work.

Tuesday, 5:45 AM. The fifth Tuesday in which she has woken up in this apartment all by herself with nobody else around, and many more to come she figures. Mitsuki flipped the light switch on in her bathroom, her hair riled up and messy as per usual when waking up in the morning. Dressed in an black silk nightgown with a large window of her upper cleavage showing she twisted the handle of her shower for the hot water to start flowing through the system. While waiting for the water to heat up she removed her nightgown to expose herself, tossing the thin fabric into an empty hamper right next to the door before feeling the water with her hand to see if it was ready. It was, taking that first step with her right foot into the glass cage and shutting the door behind her, allowing the warmth to soak and bathe her skin.

It really happened yesterday, didn't it. The one event she did not once dream of happening in the past when marrying her former husband, now became a reality. It's funny, when she was younger and she had visions or dreams of her married life Mitsuki always told herself that she would not once consider or even think of the idea of divorcing her loved one. How could she. She was young, imaginative. A teenage girl with her head in the clouds and envisioning this perfect life, of course she wouldn't think about divorce. Nobody wanted to.

A pump from a strawberry pink container dispensed light pink colored shampoo on her hand as she lathered the substance into her hair. Truth be told she's worried about Masaru and how he'll manage to get through with this new life of his. When they first met it was her who chased after him, the idea of being in a relationship with a man involved in the business of fashion was something that caught her attention. Not to mention how much of a cute looking guy he was back then, he wasn't eye candy to the more "normal" standards of good-looks or beauty but the assertiveness of Mitsuki was all too attracted to the timid nature that was Masaru. Even going so far as to make a handful of sex jokes to make him blush and falter under her pressure. Those were good times.

But times change, the woman taking a bar of soap and gliding it over her breasts and body, times change. From the birth of Katsuki all the way up until his death, there were arguments here and there that created the ever growing chasm that led up to the moment of yesterday when they signed the divorce papers. On their wedding day they made a vow that despite any arguments or disagreements they promised to never let each other go and to always look forward to the idea that they will remain together forever. A couple, intertwined at the hands and taken away into the grasp of a perfect love. Cruel how that vision would instead be turned into the dream that she wanted to achieve. Vows turned into granules of sand, forgotten in the dunes of history.

It wasn't just Masaru that Mitsuki felt sorry for, Midoriya was part of her worries too. When he arrived yesterday at her apartment and asked if they did what he was dreading for so long, the look in his eyes and the pain in his voice made her will turn into jelly. She knew what he was thinking when he was given the answer because like she was to him, he is just as special and close to her as any other close relative or friend would be. She helped tend to him whenever his mother was busy with work or other chores needs doing, took care of him like she would with Katsuki. Seeing that once tiny and frail boy with emerald hair and eyes grow into one of the strongest rookie pro heroes in the scene, it amazed her how much of a change he's gone through from the beginning to now. But to see that hurt look in his eyes yesterday when she confirmed the divorce, it broke a piece of her heart.