18: No Embarrassment

*CLICK*

Set and ready for another day at work Mitsuki opened the door to her apartment with lunch kit and purse hanging off of her right shoulder, swinging it open as she flicked the main light off on the wall. Her right foot would exit into the hall but she would go no further as she froze entirely with eyes widened, blinking several times thinking the morning grogginess was still playing tricks on her. "Izuku?"

"Good morning Mitsuki!" The hero greeted with a polite and crisp bow in the middle of the hallway, standing straight to show the brightness of his early morning smile. Tucked in between Midoriya's torso and right arm was a bouquet of roses with a delectably fragrance soft to the nose, his left palm flat to hold up an entire selection of assorted cheesecake from the grocery store along with a box of chocolates over the lid. "Did you sleep well? You look beautiful today."

"U-Uh, good morning to you too, honey." Mitsuki furrowed at the bouquet of roses to the cheesecake and box of chocolates, back to the bouquet and up to Midoriya who continued to smile at her. "What uh, what's all this?"

"This is for you." He answered, taking a large step forward to hold out all three items for his new girlfriend. "It's like a, uh, a celebratory gift for our new relationship with each other. Here's to a long and healthy relationship between us full of happy memories and, stuff. I hope you like them."

"Thank you, Izuku but, you do understand it is currently about to be seven in the morning right?"

"Yeah?"

"And I'm just about to head out to work?"

"Y-Yeah?"

"Annnnnnd, I, don't exactly have the most opportune moments to enjoy all this?"

"Y...Yeah?..."

"Soooo....kinda, not exactly the right time for this, honey."

"......huhhhhh." Midoriya sighed as his smile and shoulders both fell heavy with gravity, the brightness of his joyous mood unfortunately dimmed down to a dull light. "Yeah. Sorry."

Mitsuki chuckled as she stepped forward and took the bouquet and box of chocolates into her left arm, sliding the tray of cheesecake off his hand and onto the surface of her right palm. "But regardless I do thank you for these lovely gifts you gave me, now I have something to look forward to once my shift is over for the day. You wait right here lemme go put these up real quick."

Midoriya nodded as Mitsuki backtracked into her apartment and disappeared behind the open door, the top of a clenched right hand butting into his forehead. 'Stupid.'

"Annnnnnd what did we learn?"

'Huhhhhh, always listen to Nana-'

"ALWAYS listen to Nana there you go, good boy."

Midoriya would not be left in the company of silence for long before the clicking of Mitsuki's heels approached the door from within her apartment, the woman exiting entirely this time to shut the door. "Mitsuki I, sorry I just wanted to-"

"Ah-ah-ah." She halted with an assuring smile, closing the distance between the two so she may place a hand outside his left shoulder. "No need to explain yourself, I understand. Now may not be an ideal time but rest assured those gifts aren't going to waste Izuku, I doubt there's gonna be a single molecule of a crumb left on that cheesecake tray by the end of today. The chocolates might already have their fate sealed too."

Midoriya's spirits lifted with her words. "I'm glad you'll like them."

"But if there was anything I can take right now perhaps maybeeee, a little kiss to start my day?"