X: Pay It Back

"Hey Kacchan, it's me again.

Sorry that I haven't been able to visit recently over the past few weeks, things have been erm...weird. Not weird as in it relates to my hero career or anything but weird as in personal, stuff. I uh *AHEM*, really don't wanna go into detail about it. What's happened since last time um, boy a lot of things have been happening with everybody else I don't remember all of them. I know....Oh! I remember, remember that retirement thing that I mentioned last time about Aizawa? Turns out it really is true, he wants to teach for three more years before retiring from U.A as a teacher. Guess all the annoyance of having to deal with students is finally catching up to him heh, I feel bad for him having to deal with us all those years ago.

Also, that girl I was telling you about that last time? Yeahhhhhh she, she dropped me heh. It uh, didn't really go so well between us but that's primarily my fault. Balancing hero life and love life is just so HARD I mean who or what do you even put as the first priority? Cause saving the people and keeping everybody safe is imporant but then trying to keep your girlfriend happy and feeling like they're loved is ALSO imporant and it just feels like I'm caught in the middle of a crossfire. Todoroki's so lucky that his girlfriend's a hero too those two have somebody who knows exactly what the other is going through so they can help each other out. Me on the other hand? Tch, it's hard trying to find somebody that you can balance being a hero with.

And it's not like I can just try and get into a relationship with another hero either cause then it becomes a worry of the both of us being targeted because of some mortal enemy or somebody trying to get revenge on one but takes it out on both. Does that stuff happen? Or is that primarily like a manga comic thing? I-I don't know that whole relationship thing is confusing enough on it's own adding hero stuff along with it just makes it a headache at that point. Maybe I'm better off waiting until I'm retired as a pro. But, then it's like who would even be available by then you know? It's weird.

Things are changing back home Kacchan, a lot of things are changing. Your dad got an offer to work over in the United States and he's gonna take it, which means he's currently in the process of moving everything out from your home. It's...hard, if I'm being honest. It's hard to watch the home that was away from home be emptied out from inside. Seeing all the movements and things that are being packed into boxes, it's challenging. Like, they're taking away everything that made up a memory and I'll never see them again. The hardest part of the house was your room, your mom and I we tried to go in there last time but, it was really hard for her.

And I understand because when I went in there with her it was.................I'm sorry I couldn't have been there with you at U.A when we all got separated. If only Toga hadn't drawn me into a different portal and I arrived at U.A instead, things would be a lot different right now. You'd be alive, your mom wouldn't be going through the things she's going through. I try to be there for her as much as I can but, I know there's a lot of grief still inside her that hasn't had the chance of being given any solace. Wish there was something I could do to help her get past it but, I feel like me being around her too much will actually cause damage instead of fixing anything. Mainly cause in a way she treats me like I'm her son, and I feel like that'll end up bringing memories of you.

Whatever happens though, I'm gonna be there for her. She's helped me get through some of the tougher times of when I was Quirkless, whatever it is that she could use any help on if I can help her with it I will. Just hope I don't end up doing anything stupid in the process."

Midoriya sighed as he removed a bouquet of slightly wilted flowers from the vase of a grave and replaced them a fresh new bouquet of pink flowers. Leaning forward on his one knee he dusted off the dirt and small debris that gathered over a headstone, allowing the engraved words to be read legibly and clearly.