15: The Bridge

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

"Coming!" Midoriya's mother answered to the knocks on her apartment door, rising from the living room to shuffle her way towards the entry way. Both slippers dragged and slid with every step she took all the way up to her door where she leaned up onto her toes and peeked through the door, a grin forming on her face while unlocking her door. Twisting and opening the entrance to her apartment the woman stepped back to reveal Mitsuki in a plain purple sweater and jeans standing right outside with a nervous smile on her face, her shoulders drooping with hands stuffed into the front pocket of her sweater. "Ohhhh Mitsuki! Hello there, I wasn't expecting you."

"Hey, Inko. Sorry for showing up unannounced I hope I'm not bothering you from anything."

"Oh not at all! Though, I will say you look as if you've seen a ghost or something. Is everything okay?"

Mitsuki awkwardly chuckled while rubbing the back of her head. "U-Uh, not really, and unfortunately the only person who I think might be able to help me get my thoughts together about this is you. Not that I'm throwing dirt on you or anything it's just....weird to explain. May I come in?"

Mrs. Midoriya nodded before retreating into her apartment with Mitsuki following close behind her, lightly kicking the door shut then bending down to untie her shoes. Slipping her feet out of her sneakers the woman shuffled towards the kitchen before she stopped when coming across the room of Midoriya immediately to her right. A deep breath filled her chest and she sighed it back out, a hand reaching up to gently brush over the 'Izuku' name sign that still hung to this day. If only things were simpler now as they were back then. This confusion, these questions, these feelings....take her back.

Patting the name sign Mitsuki turned her attention back to the kitchen table where the Midoriya mother was already seated at the end of it, the blonde woman taking her spot on the former's left in silence. "You're eerily quiet, makes me a bit worried that whatever it is you just brought through my door is something serious."

Mitsuki scoffed and chuckled at the same time. "You have NO, idea. Well, I shouldn't say that because you're about to have an idea, but you get what I mean. Inko, I...I trust you, I really do. I trust you enough to where I can tell you anything and everything no matter what it might be. But, what I have on my mind it's-.....I-I just need you to be prepared, to what it is that I have to say. Please."

Mrs. Midoriya reached out and took Mitsuki's right hand with her left, squeezing it softly and smiling reassuringly. "You have nothing to worry about with whatever it is you have to say. If you feel like you can trust me enough to come to me, I won't look down on you for it. I'll give you my honest opinion on it no matter what."

"Hoooooo. Thank you."

"Now, tell me. What is it that's on your mind?"

Mitsuki brought her hands together and clasped them, thumbs slowly twiddling around each other like a slow dance. "Things recently have been erm, changing, to manners I didn't think I'd see. More specifically um, things between me and, your son."

"Izuku? What's been happening with Izuku? Is he okay?"

"Nono he's fine, there's nothing to worry about when it comes to him he's okay. It's...It's me. Things have been, they've been going through some odd developments, to say the least.

Since Masaru and I have divorced each other Izuku's, Izuku's always been there for me. He keeps me company, he makes me feel not lonely, he's just there for me when I want somebody to be there for me. To be there with me. And I am eternally, forever grateful for that young man being the way that he is because were this a life where I did not have the opportunity of ever knowing somebody like him HOH! I'd, I'd lose my mind heh. God I can think back to so many points in my life where I felt like I'd just go insane and before I reached those points, Izuku just happened to be there at the right place and the right time. I remember Katsuki driving me INSANE during play dates and Izuku did everything he could to ensure things went smoothly for me. Ugh, bless him.