VII: A Rewarding Date

Notice: Slightest of NSFW included.

/

"Huh? You wanna take me out to eat tonight?"

"Yup, no other way to put it besides that." Mitsuki replied with Midoriya hanging off the open window of her office by his arms. "If you're available tonight I wanna see if you would be interested in having dinner with me."

"You sure Auntie?" Midoriya asked. "I'm not saying I'm denying your offer but, you sure you're comfortable in being out again?"

"Yeah you know I've, I've thought about it for a good bit and came to the realization that this whole thing about not being able to get over Katsuki's death is just so..so....stupid. I mean it's something that I should have dealt with years ago the fact that I haven't stepped past this grievance of mine is-....it's childish of me. Sitting in my apartment all day long, drinking wine and thinking everything could change when it isn't, I've been an idiot for the past three days. My future is out THERE, not holed up in some apartment where I drink my life away because I refused to take the steps forward.

If you didn't come along I probably would be in my apartment right now continuing to drown myself in endless glasses of wine. So tonight just lemme thank you for coming to see me Izuku, a little dinner date that's all I'm asking."

"A-A date?"

"DINNER, date yes Izuku, a dinner date. It's a date but at the same time NOT a date. It's just like any other outing where you take a girl to go have dinner or lunch you've done this before."

"O-OH yeah heh I remember! Yeah..dinner..."

"...you, HAVE done this before. Right?" Mitsuki asked, Midoriya nervously chuckling at first before his grin fell into a frown with a shake of his head. "REALLY? You've NEVER been on a date before not once?"

"I-I uh, don't really have much luck in that area." Midoriya replied. "When you have one of the strongest Quirks on the planet and are known to have defeated two of the biggest threats this world has seen, it's kinda hard to find somebody who wants you for you. Plus whenever I do find somebody who I think could be genuine, things don't really work out so much."

"Ahhh, I see I see. Well not to worry then I'll take care of you tonight okay? Be at my apartment around eight tonight, I'll either be ready or just about. And NO, coming in through my balcony window, almost gave me a heart attack thinking the grim reaper was coming for me."

"Okay then, tonight at eight your apartment. I'll see you later."

"See you there."

-

*PING*

"It's a date, but at the same time it's NOT a date." Midoriya repeated as he stepped out of the elevator with his thoughts in a twist. In a formal attire of a black blazer, white undershirt, black colored slacks with matching shoes and a red tie the hero slowly wandered down the corridor of the apartment building with a bouquet of flowers in his right hand as he raised said bouquet up to look at them in question. "So do I bring these? Or do I NOT bring these? If it's a date I would, but it's not a date, but it IS a date. But dates are for people who you share romantic feelings with I don't share romantic feelings for Auntie. I love her but not like that, so it isn't a date then. But, she said it IS a date....HUH?!"

Groaning from the level of overthinking Midoriya slapped the top of his head and shook it side to side, confused on how a date could not be considered a date. He would say that he blames himself for not having enough experience to understand what Mitsuki was talking about but, was it really his fault? Over the years he's come across more than his fair share of women who look at him as the hero who saved Japan, not Izuku Midoriya. A simple look in their eyes and with Nana on his shoulder being the ghostly mother figure that she is, he knows. He knows full well what it looks like when somebody looks at him for the shine of his glory, not the worth of his heart.