Chapter 18

L I L I T H

Today I am going to meet my family. I am happy and nervous. I know it will go well but still, I am in panic mode. I want to get done with this. I sigh. Easy. I will be there.

Early in the morning, Bexley looks at me with suspicion.

"Is something special today?" She asks.

"Yeah, I want you to meet someone, or rather lots of humans," I replied.

"Oh don't tell me you are dating?" She said with wide eyes.

Before I can explain she hugged me and pat my head as she always does.

"My baby is grown up. One day she will get married and I will be the happiest mother." She said dramatically.

I look at her in disbelief.

"My dear mother comes out of your imagination," I said.

She pouts.

"Who are we meeting anyway?"

"Very important people and trust me they will like you too."

She didn't ask anything more. She knows I won't tell her anything anyway.

Waiting didn't last long. It's finally time to left for my home. My real home. The one I had missed for a long. I am so excited to see them. Rian and luke didn't know about it yet. I nod at myself.

I can be happy now.

I remember the day when I was in hospital and carter's dad was so sweet. He helped me even though I told him he will get in trouble. I just didn't know I will meet his sons after this many years. It was until they found my location. Carter's dad saved me but he died while saving me. I was so sad. He promised me he will find my family but he was killed.

I am sorry doctor.

Breath.

With that, I walk outside the house. My eyes land on Carter. What is he doing in here? Of course, he knows that I will be meeting my family today.

Right, I have to tell him about his father too.

I approached him. He gazed at me.

"You waiting for me?" I ask.

"My dad. What happened to him?" He asked me directly.

"I am sorry," I reply.

He glared at me and grabbed my shoulders pushing me to the nearest car. Ouch. I groan when my head hit the car.

"He died?" He asked again.

I nod simply. He let go of me. He looks angry.

"Who killed him?" He asks.

"The people who were trying to kill me," I reply.

"I am sorry I was so rude to you in the past. But I need your help. They are behind you and that's how I am going to find him." He said.

"What do you mean?" I ask not sure what he is saying.

He hugged me out of nowhere. I didn't hit him back. What the heck he is up to? What is wrong with him?

"I am sorry Lilly." He said.

That's the last thing I heard before losing consciousness. Damm it.

C A R T E R

I hold Danica's body. I am sorry. I will make it up to you. Hold on until I found him. I put her in the car. Done.

Dad, I know you saved her, and I will protect her too. But I am sorry I need to do this.

I sat inside the car and drove to my destination. The area is lit. Of course a perfect hideout for people like this. After parking, I got out where I met the guard.

I made deal with him when I was at the Martinez mansion. He thinks I am a fool but watch your back. All of you are going to die.

"Good work kid. Hand her over to us."

"I will but I need to meet your boss first," I replied cooly.

"Your work is done. Go away, kid. Don't forget we can kill you." He said in a cold tone.

"Alright chill. When you are going to kill her?" I ask.

"Probably in five days. But depends on the boss." He replied causally.

"Well take her but at least tell me who is your boss, after all, I got her here. The person whom you are finding for years."

He didn't say anything he hand me a pic and let me go away. Taking Danica he left. I sigh. Five days. And you are dead.

I am gonna take my revenge.

I hold pic up in brightness checking who is the boss. I panicked seeing the photo. Oh no. Why does he want to kill her?

Oh god, this is so sick.

….