Forth

I watched as Kit brought me to this popular fried chicken place. It was quite well known among the students in our university.

It wasn't as packed but we met a few of the soccer fans and players there. All of their eyes lit up and there was alot of excited chatter as we walked in. Kit seemed indifferent to all of it and just calmly chose a seat. I was walking behind and I had to glare at some of them to calm their assess down.

I sat down opposite him and that's when I saw the truth; his ears were fully tinged red in 2nd hand embarrassment but he was being very poker face about it, as much as possible. I stifled my laugh lest he glared at me but he caught it and I still got the brunt of it.

I offered to go buy but he waved me away. He went off and soon our table was filled with a 20 pc chicken set, 2 beers and some rice. I opened my eyes big when I saw the chicken.

"Kit, why did you order so many?!"

"Er, I am not sure. I thought you would want to eat alot as you are a footballer. Did I over order?"

I laughed out loud!! Not that I couldn't finish it but still; hahaha. I just smiled at him and waved it away. Everyone left us to our own devices. We actually had an enjoyable dinner, chatting and eating the yummylicious chicken and downed more than 4 beers each over the course of dinner.

We left the place about 4 hours after we had arrived. I sent Kit back to his dorm. Once we reached the entrance, he turned to me.

"Thank you for tonight. It was actually quite fun. You are like the first person I spoken to other than Ming & Beam since I transferred."

"Good to know that. I'm actually quite a harmless guy and quite the catch. You should hang out with me often."

Kit snorted! He waved my words away, bade his goodbye and turned to leave.

"Hey!" I grabbed onto his wrist. Kit turned to face me.

"Do you want to hang out with us tomorrow? We are all going drinking. It be fun. The whole Engineering gang will be there. I promise not to flirt."

Kit smiled at me, promised to think about it and walked off. I watched as he took off, a warm fuzzy feeling settling in my heart.