Kit

He wasn't kidding. Forth completely ignored me. My texts, my calls. I went over to see him and he didn't open the door at all.

I finally saw him on Saturday night at the bar. He came by. He definitely looked better but he appeared to have lost some weight. Forth was being his usual self towards everyone but me. He pretended like I didn't exist at all. He didn't look in my direction, say hello, chat, you get the point.

Oddly the first person to notice and ask me was Ming. He whispered to me, quering if everything was ok. I just nodded but didn't say anything. But based on my face, Ming knew something was wrong and he just patted my knees comfortingly.

Just then, Nuea came by. She waiied to all of us and also introduced her boyfriend to us. It was a senior from another department, they been dating for about 2 weeks now. When I heard that, my face paled. I turned to look at Forth who just ignored me and was chatting to Nuea and her boyfriend. Oh dear; she was just being friendly. I was the idiot who chose to...

I sighed softly. I had alot to apologise to Forth for but I knew it was going to be a hard battle. Post our night, we all left. Ming and Beam offered to drop Forth and myself off but Forth rejected the offer as he had travel plans. I told Beam to go on without me as I wanted to talk to Forth. I saw them go off before I turned to see Forth flagging a cab down. He then walked towards the cab. I quickly ran up to him.

"Forth. We have to talk. Please."

Forth stared at me for a full minute before the driver beckoned our attention. He got into the car but motioned for me to do so too. We were both quiet during the ride. I caught the driver looking at us multiple times. Finally we alighted at Forth's dorm. He turned to me; "Yes?"

"Forth, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to behave like that. I dont mean to just push you away or.. ignore your..'

"It doesn't matter Kit. The fact is you did it. And I can't unsee that. But if you saw today which I think you did, Nuea only sees me as a friend, a senior. Because there is someone else in her life. And even if there wasn't, I wouldn't still go for her because I like someone else. But that doesn't matter anymore. If you want to be friends, sure. Course mates sure. Drinking buddies sure. Basketball or football friends sure. Camping mates sure. But it stops there. I am human too Kit. And I actually value my feelings alot so you trampling on them hurt."

"Forth. Can't we even talk.."

"No. We cannot. We are done.  You should go home Kit."

And just like that, Forth turned and left. What the fuck. I had truly messed up, didn't I?