Kit

By the time I finished classes, took a shower and clothes back to the hospital, it was 6pm. The Engineering boys had ended earlier and went to visit Forth.

When I reached the hospital, I found Forth's bed empty. Nurse Khun just came in and informed me that he had gone for a walk, having been restless in bed the whole day. I smiled at that. I went off to look for him. I found him in the garden, calmly smoking away.

"Forth.."

"Hey. When did you come?"

"Just a few minutes ago, Nurse Khun told me where you were. Have you eaten? How do you feel now?"

"Not too bad. The doctor said I can be discharged tomorrow. But I will still need to be on bed rest unfortunately. We'll, at least I get to be home."

"Ah okays, what time will you be discharged? I come pick you up?"

"It's fine. Don't worry. Lam said he will come pick me up."

I nodded my head at this; though I wished I was the one picking him up. I sat down with him in silence as we enjoyed the evening sunset.

"How was your day? Have you eaten?"

I turned to look at Forth. I smiled. I caught him up on my day and we chatted for quite a bit before finally heading back to his room at 8pm. He had his medicines and settled down to sleep whilst I took out my notes to study.

"Kit, why don't you go home tonight?"

"Nope. Not leaving you alone.."

"I'm really fine, and to be honest, not alone. Everyone is here. I much prefer it if you went home to sleep before school tomorrow."

"Don't worry, I'm OK. I'm used to this as we often mug throughout the night too. I might as well do it here knowing I can see you safe and also study."

Forth opened his mouth but I glared at him and he shut up. I chuckled at the look of disbelief on his face as he watched me study. Soon, I saw him dozing off. Once he slept, I tucked in his blanket securely and just watched him sleep. Without realising it, a smile flitted over and stayed on my face.

I ended up sleeping midway around 2am and I woke up when my alarm buzzed around 6am. I found a blanket on me and Forth still sleeping. I smiled, knowing he must gotten it for me at some point. I took a quick shower at the hospital's facilities and got ready for school. When I came back, Forth was stirring awake.

"Hey, how you?"

"Hmm. OK. Tired."

I laughed! "OK I be back ok, after class."

"I'm getting discharged remember. Lam is picking me up."

"OH yea. OK thats good. Then you take care k?"

"Thanks for everything Kit. See you when I see you?"

I nodded at Forth, plastering a smile on. For some reason, I seemed to hate the fact that I wouldn't be seeing him as often.