Forth

I met my boys on Sunday for football. Once we were done, I was walking back to my dorm when I saw Kit shooting hoops. But his game seemed off, he kept missing his targets and he was frustrated. I wanted to stop by but maybe it's for the better. I stepped back and walked away, only to come face to face with Beam steps later.

"What's going on?"

"Hello Beam. What do you mean?"

"My bad. Hello Forth. So tell me what's going on? Between you and Kit? You think I can't tell? Ming can't? Or the rest of the boys can't? Something is definitely wrong between you two. You ignored him since Saturday night. He has been downcast the last few days. This is such a turnaround from the hospital. Do you know how insistent he was on looking after you, being there 24/7 and all? And you looked so happy and satisfied to have him and only him. So why are the two of you behaving like you don't know each other?"

I kept quiet. "Nothing to do with you Beam. Everything is fine. Its all how it should be. Maybe it's best this way."

"What? Seeing the two of you be cold and indifferent to each other and having you look like the world had ended?"

I refused to say anything else and wanted to walk away but Beam held onto me and refused to let go.

"Beam. Drop it now. Stop bothering him. Let him go."

We both turned around in surprise to see Kit, standing there, red faced and perspiring. He came over, pulled Beam away and said sorry to me. Then he dragged Beam away.

My heart plunged abit, seeing him being so formal with me but I knew he was treading on thin ice with me and wasn't sure anymore on how-to behave around me. Maybe this was good for us?

I turned around and walked away. But if I had stopped a while more, I would have seen Kit crying away, with Beam looking on helplessly.

I went back to my dorm and was putting stuff away when I saw Kit's hoodie among my things. He had prolly left it behind the other day. I just ran my fingers over it and thoughts of that idiot filled my head again. I shook it off and decided to get a drink. Opened my fridge and found it well stocked with my favorites. Kit must have done it on Friday before it all went downhill. I sighed, grabbed an iced black coffee and sat down.

I switched on the TV and the last Netflix show we had been watching came on. What the flying fuck. I was determined to forget him and my fucking life wasn't allowing me to.

I decided to go eat. Maybe that help. I inevitably found myself at the same fried chicken cafe and guess whom I saw. I saw Kit there, glumly staring at a plate of chicken. He was just looking at it for such a long while. I sighed. I was about to turn and go off when he looked up and saw me. His face changed like as if he was sorry he was caught by me. He then grabbed his things and left by the other exit, leaving everything on the table as it was.

OK, I knew we were on bad terms but him not eating didnt sit well with me. I quickly got his food to go and went to his  dorm but oddly he wasn't there. Where did he go then? I took out my phone and called him but it was off.

Fuck sake. Boy was missing again. I sighed. And sat down in front of his dorm to wait.