Kit

When I saw Forth, I knew he was there to eat. Not wanting to ruin his appetite, I left. I went to the mini mart to buy some snacks when I saw some of his favorite ones along with the iced coffee. I decided to buy some and leave them at his dorm. He doesn't often keep his fridge stocked up and he's recovering too so best to have food at all times.

I dropped the food off at his dorm and reached mine when I saw him outside my door.

"Forth...."

Forth stood up when he saw me.

"When did you come? How long have you been here?"

"Not too long. You left your food behind so I decided to bring it for you. Why didn't you stay to eat.."

"Ah, it's just that..  I figured u were coming to eat.. didn't want to spoil your appetite.. "

"I..you took long to come back.."

"I was buying snacks..  then I saw some of your favourite ones so I bought some, left them at your dorm and came.."

I saw Forth pinch his nose bridge. I took out my keys to open the door.

"Do you want to come in?"

Forth looked at me for a bit before nodding no.

"I will get going. Wanted to just give you this.."

He handed me the food and he turned to leave. I just watched him go sadly and my heart just dipped a little.
I turned back to my door and was about to go in when I heard him ask, "why did you buy me my favorite snacks?"

"I don't want you going hungry Forth. I know you don't pay attention to food and you are recovering. Its important your fridge is stocked. It was empty the last time."

"Why do you care so much?"

"Dude are you dumb or what? Why wouldn't I? I like you so I obviously care about you alot."

"As a friend?"

That's when I turned to Forth. I looked at him for a very long while. I shook my head no.

"As a buddy?"

Still no.

"As someone who is sick?"

Still no.

"As someone you like?"

I shook yes.

"More than a friend?"

I shook yes again. With every question, Forth took a step closer to me.

"As someone you can love?"

I shook yes once again.

Forth grabbed me by my waist and kissed me.

He let go after a bit and finally whispered, "then why push me away Kit?"

I looked up at him, my eyes full of pooled tears.

"I'm just afraid of getting hurt or reading it wrongly again."

"Then let me make it crystal clear to you. I love you Kit. I have fallen for you. Damn well i have. And I hope you will give me a place in your heart and life or I am willing to work for it. But just don't push me away to others. Reject me if you must but don't push me to others. The feelings I have is for you. And no one else."

I just hugged Forth tightly when I heard that. No words were needed to essay my feelings and what I was trying to say. Forth held onto me tightly too. We remained like that for a bit till we heard a cough.

We broke apart to see Beam standing there, grinning away. Forth shooed him away whilst I just chuckled softly. Beam had come by to check on me but seeing all was well, he left us alone. I looked up at Forth who leaned down to kiss me again on my forehead.

"Come in?"

"As?"

"Boyfriend."

"Good. I approve. Dinner together OK?"

I smiled.