Forth

I remember holding chicken and trying to rev my bike out of this oncoming car when I was..

I sat up straight! I gasped from a pain shooting down my spine and my head whoozed. But just then, I felt someone's arms go around me, comforting me, as they supported me up. I leaned on this person involuntarily for a bit as my head spun.

This person just grabbed me tightly and securely as possible and laid me down to rest, murmuring at me to just rest first. I nodded and my eyes closed before I could see whom it was.

I woke up hours later, and found someone standing by the window. I tried to sit up still blurry eyed and this person instantly snuck over to help me. I sat up straighter, finally alert and looked up to realize it was Kit.

"Kit!?" I gasped out.

"How do you feel now? Hang on, I need to call the nurse."

I just nodded and let him call the nurse. She came along with the doctor, checked on me and they left. I looked at Kit, wondering how he came about here.

"Are you hungry? The boys had gone down to buy food. I had updated them so they be back soon. Do you want anything?"

I nodded my head no. I was just feeling tired.

"Rest first. You had quite a bad accident. And you had suffered some fractures so you cannot afford to keep moving constantly."

I just took it in quietly. Soon the boys came by. I tried to sit up and Kit supported me again. Just then my phone rang, it was my parents. I glared at the boys when they told me they had informed them! Shit, my parents are gonna nag at me, especially my mom even though she is on holiday. I watched and listened to her nag via a video call for a good 10 minutes before she hung up, not before extracting my promise that I look after myself better till they were back.

I agreed and just hung up. Lam and Park fussed over me especially Lam. We were especially tight and I knew I had worried them. Pha, Beam and Ming also hovered around. I tried to smile at the boys reassuring them I was fine. But I knew none of them believed me. I just sighed, adjusted myself and felt the pain again. My face grimaced without me realising it. Kit went out and came back with the nurse who gave me a round of painkillers. She said it would help to ease the pain and would give me regular doses for the next 2 days. I nodded and took them.

The boys hung around, we chatted and finally when visiting hours were up, they left. However Kit still hung around and settled into a chair next to me. I looked at him in surprise.

"They would let 1 person stay over. I wanted to and the boys agreed to. So let me be here for you."

"You don't have to Kit. Don't waste your time here. I am fine. Go home and rest."

"Don't be stubborn Forth. You need someone to look after you too."

"I don't need it. If I really do, I ask.."

"Who?"

I kept quiet.

"I know you have alot of friends. But you wouldn't disturb anyone because you find a reason not to. Even if there wasn't a reason, you find it because you don't want to bother them."

"I'm fine. I don need people to look after me. Everyone has someone they have to look after. I can't have them spending their time on me."

"I don't have anyone. I only have you. So let me be the one."

I just stared at Kit who had settled himself down. He took a book and started reading, signalling the end of the convo. I sighed and just turned to my side gently to see him. That was in my purview till my eyes closed in deep slumber.

I woke up the next morning, around 4am and found Kit missing. I tried to sit up and just then Nurse Khun came in.

"Hello Forth, how you feeling?"

"Not too bad Nurse Khun. Do you know where my friend went?"

"That boy? He was awake the whole night, keeping an eye on you. Making sure you were comfortable. Even now he finally went to take a quick shower before you woke up but asked me to sit in for a while. Is he your friend or boyfriend? I'm quite open minded so don't be shy. Can tell the two of you are lovers. He really must adore you huh, to look after you like that. And you are no better, asking about him first the min you woke up. Why so sweet? My husband needs to learn from you too."

I blushed full on when I heard that. I tried to refut her words but she wasn't having it. About 20 minutes later, Kit came back, freshly showered, with pink milk and a black coffee. He was surprised to see me awake!

Up already?"

I nodded quietly. Nurse Khun shot me a knowing look cheekily and left. I blushed even further. Kit asked me if I wanted to shower and I nodded. He went out to speak to the medical team. Two male nurses came by and they accompanied me to the bathroom. I took a shower, changed and then came out. Kit had gotten ready a breakfast of noodles and iced black coffee for me. I realized I was ravenous and wiped it off.

By the time I was done with my food and first dosage of medicines, it was 8am already.

"I got classes at 11am so I go and come back ok? I told Nurse Khun and the rest to call me if anything. Text me what you want for lunch ok?"

"I be fine. Hospital food is good enough. Don worry. You go first."

Kit nodded. He walked away, but suddenly he came back. I looked at him in surprise.

"Just stay ok. Don't go anywhere. I be back soon. Don make me worry."

I was about to retort but I kept quiet and nodded my head. He seemed appeased and finally he left. I leaned back as I watched him go, my heart warming at this fellow.