Forth

I watched as the junior from the other night who was hanging out with me at the bar walked in.

What was her name... oh yea! Nuea!

"Hey Nong Nuea, what are you doing here?"

"P, I came to say sorry. I heard you got into an accident. I didn't realize until my own father was hospitalised because he had tried to swerve to avoid hitting someone. He managed to but ended up running down a barricade thereafter because he was drunk. The person he hit was you. I just found out. I had gone to the hospital but they told me you were discharged. I am very very sorry P"

I watched her. She was so remorseful. I stood up and went over, putting my hand on her shoulder. "It's ok Nong. I know it was an accident and I am OK now. So don't worry. How is your dad?"

"OH P! I'm sorry!! He's recovering now but I feel so bad. My father wanted to see you too to apologise in person." She then threw herself onto me, sobbing pitifully. I just held onto her, trying to comfort her.

"I come see your father soon, not for him to apologise to me but to make sure he is truly ok."

Nuea nodded tearfully. I ruffled her hair and told her to go home safe. She nodded and agreed but wanted to come back the next day to check on me. I agreed and she left. When I turned around, I saw Kit just dishing the food out.

"You ok Kit?"

"Hmm I am. Is she OK? The world is too small. I'm glad her father is ok but  he did cause an accident. And you were badly hurt. You definitely downplayed it."

I just smiled. "She is already feeling so bad and I am better now. So there is no point in telling her the truth and making her feel worse. I know you are looking out for me but it'd ok."

Kit nodded and beckoned me to come have dinner. We had a quiet one in before he took his things, promising to swing by tomorrow. I nodded and he went off.

The next day, I woke up around 8am to someone knocking on my door. I sat up grumpily and then realized it could be Kit. My mood lightend up and I opened the door. Turns out it was Nong Nuea.

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to come give you breakfast. I made some soup and bread rolls for you."

"You didn't have to, Nong."

"It's ok P. Its really something small. Plus I got you coffee too."

I nodded, took the things and thanked her, bidding her goodbye. She went off. Since I was already awake, I went to take a shower and decided to wait for Kit. But he never came, despite over 2 hours. My texts to him too went unanswered so I figured something important must have come up for him. I decided to have Nuea's food for breakfast and just gamed away.

I texted him around lunch, wanting to see if he wanted to come but no reply. Just then someone knocked on my door again. Turned out to be Nuea who had brought lunch for me. I smiled and decided to invite her in. I figured if Kit did come, we can all have lunch together. She had actually bought my favorite chicken feet and dim sum! Just as we were about to eat; Kit came by. But there was a forced smile about him when he saw Nuea. He did join us and added more food to the table. He had done porridge for me and also brought some of my favorite fried chicken. I actually ended up eating his over Nuea's food but she was ok with it.

After lunch, Nuea left as she went to visit her dad. Kit wanted to leave too but I held onto his hand and stopped him.

"Is there something wrong?"

"Hmm, nothing Forth. Why?"

"You said you will come for breakfast but never did. I'm OK if you didn't but you could have replied to my texts. I was really worried about you, you know. Are you ok?"

"Yea I am.. I just..  I saw Nuea came by with breakfast so I figured it didn't matter if I came or not. Beam forced me to come now since I already cooked but yea I needn't worry I guess since Nuea is here.."

"Nuea isn't my girlfriend Kit. She's just concerned because her dad had hit me. She's trying to be there as a friend. Why do you sound so jealous about it? And you came? During breakfast? And you went away? And you didnt reply me?! Are you for real? Do u know I waited over 2 hours for you before eating? Not omitting the fact I was dead worried about you. What's going on?"

Kit looked at me, abashed and low key embarrassed. He cast his eyes down before looking up at me.

He finally stuttered out, for the first time ever since I knew him. I never seen him stutter before.

"I'm sorry Forth. I cant even know why I'm jealous of her. I know I sound silly but I felt like she was going all out to look after you and she seems a good fit so I thought.."

"You thought, let Forth have a straight relationship? The one that is conventionally accepted? Where a boy is with a girl? Let's ignore the fact that he has feelings too and just push him to someone?!!"

"Forth. You know I don't mean that.."

"Well it seemed like you did because you just made the decision for me. I have feelings too Kit and they aren't towards Nuea. But they are towards you. But it's fine. I'm not going to act on them anymore. Nor acknowledge them because  they don't matter to you."

I was so angry, I just turned around after that, demanding he left. Kit was stunned by me but he left. There was just pin drop silence in the room thereafter. I didn't do anything but just sit and stew for hours.

I was fucking pissed with Kit.