XVIII

"So," A female voice paused and followed the freckled boys gaze to the floor-to-ceiling windows and the rain pattering against them. His knees were pulled to his chest as he perched on the eggplant purple velvet plush chair, looking out the window. "You're hallucinating?"

Eddie did not respond for a moment, just watched the race between two drops of rain rolling down the window. "It would appear that way." He mumbled vaguely. The scratch of a pen against paper drew Eddie's gaze away from the weather and to the small framed woman in a maroon colored pencil skirt and white blouse. Her legs crossed in modest prose.

"And what are you seeing when you hallucinate?"

"I- I don't know." Eddie stammered a bit and looked back towards the windows. "Figures I guess."

"Figures of importance?" She questioned. Eddies gaze fell cold and glared to a figure standing on the ground below them, a smear of a face pointed up to them, hoodie drawn.

"Sometimes." He said uneasily. "I saw him." Eddie admitted.

"Jamie?" She confirmed and then wrote in her notebook again. Eddie watched her pencil move again, the uncomfortable feeling of being studied made his stomach turn.

"Most of the time it's just been..." he looked down to where the figure had been just moments ago, now no where to be seen, "faceless masses."

"When did these start?"

"Maybe four days ago?" Eddie tried to remember. He had been hallucinating occasionally the last few days, ever since the incident at Danny's house.

"Have they been violent hallucinations? Vivid?" She asked. Eddie hesitated, looking at her curiously.

"Can you elaborate?" He put his legs down and leaned forwards, placing his hands at the edge of his chair.

"Do they feel real? Or threatening?" She clarified, then added, "do they make you feel afraid?" Eddie chewed on his bottom lip and stared down at his feet.

"No." He lied. It was convincing enough, but the woman wrote in her notebook all the same.

"Hallucinations are quite common in cases of PTSD and anxiety." She began after a few moments of silence. "I'm going to up your dose alittle bit on a few of your medications." Eddie's heart dropped as she said this and his eyes stung with tears. "I know you don't like the medication, Eddie. However, I do believe it will benefit you. You have suffered a severe trauma, Eddie. Now, I hope you don't expect to-" Her voice faded out in his head and he watched a familiar vehicle pull up in the parking lot below them. The disheveled brown curls could be seen through a partially cracked window, smoke simmering out. Eddie didn't know his mom smoked. She'd never even let him near someone smoking a cigarette as a child, because of his asthma.

Seeing a psychologist was mostly his friends idea, Richie in particular. Though he wasn't very excited, it did seem to help a little. He couldn't tell her the whole truth. Of course not. Who would believe that anyway? I got attacked by a killer demon clown multiple times and it possessed a kid in my grade and made him try to kill me. He tormented me by bringing back my abuser and forcing me to relive my childhood that I had forgotten. Oh also he can be defeated by calling him names and telling him you aren't afraid. Not to mention the dead kid cemetery sewers that lies beneath this god awful town. Eddie started smiling at this wild idea, what would she even say? She'd have me admitted for sure.

"Eddie? Eddie," The womans voice interrupted his lurid thoughts and pulled his attention back in. "Eddie, are you hearing me?" Eddie nodded quickly, though he certainly did not hear what she said. "Then answer my question." Eddie stared at her blankly, unable to draw up a response. She wrote something down in her notebook and sighed gently. "Where'd you go?"