Chapter 36

𝙇𝙪𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙖 𝙆𝙖𝙡𝙞 𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙬𝙣
||»20 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙤𝙡𝙙«||
5 months later
༆🔥༆

"Reign come on , you can't spend another day at home doing nothing baby, you gotta go to school."

"No, I don't. Daddy always let me stay home on Fridays."

"Rere, please." I pleaded looking at her as a pout played on her face with tears threatening to fall down from her eyes.

"I wanna go to Aunt Cam's house." She let out and I frowned before letting out a sigh and grabbing my phone.

I dialled Cameron's number and waited as the phone rang. After a few rings, she answered. "Reign won't go to school and she wants to come to your house. I don't know what to do."

"Lucy, she's used to doing that. You gotta understand, some habits die hard. She used to do that with her father therefore it's not a crime to carry on. Just come drop her off, Chris dickhead ass and I got her."

"Y'all not about to fight in front of my child are you?"

"No"

"No sex either?"

"You want me to look after her or not bro?" She questioned causing me to laugh before getting up to go get Reign's stuff.

"Okay we're coming...hey, thank you." I told her and she let out a soft chuckle on the other side.

"I got her, for August."

I ended the call before sighing.

I can't lie and say motherhood isn't hard for me because it is. Sometimes, I don't even want to get out of bed because I know I'll feel like I'm not doing enough at the end of the day so why try? You know ?

I'm not Reign's parents and I'm not trying to replace them but somehow in my head, I still try to figure out how they would've handled certain situations and what they wouldn't have taught her and what I'm doing wrong according to their books and the saddest part is that, I'll never truly know if I'm doing okay.

"Reign, here's your bag." I told her before giving it to her and she smiled taking it from me before my phone started vibrating.

I looked at the message I received with furrowed brows before opening it

Kentrell
Motherhood suits you. I saw your post.
Seen

Seeing that message opened so many wounds for me, I had to sit down.

It's been about exactly five months since I've heard from Kentrell. We talked things out a while ago, I left happier than when I had arrived and I texted him the next few days...nothing.

No response, nothing.

I knew he saw my messages. I knew he saw my calls too. I spoke to some of the gang, KD mostly and he made it clear that Youngboy, doesn't care enough to talk to me anymore.

I was hurt , angry even but mostly, I felt alone. How could he act like he loved me and just leave me like that knowing I needed him- knowing I wasn't okay.