Arrested

The moment she enters the interrogation room and her eyes lands on the young man Phil and Ward had picked up, she almost got a feeling of déjà vu. How Phil couldn't see it or get the same feeling, is beyond her.

Seeing as the young man's eyes grows in recognition and that he quickly lowers his head, Melinda knows Skye has told her students about her. Knowing Skye, she would also tell them all not to hack S.H.I.E.L.D, which this kid obviously didn't listen to.

Crossing her arms, she sees how the young man lifts his head, eyes growling large as they land on her, before quickly looking down. Hearing Phil entering the room behind her and the door closing, she's happy that he asked her to help him out and not Ward this time around and seeing as she has an advantage in this situation that Phil isn't aware of.

"Mr Jefferson, this is an unexpected surprise."

Melinda speaks up, which makes Phil turn his attention towards her and the young man turns his head away.

"Seeing as I'm quite sure your teacher has made it clear not to hack S.H.I.E.L.D or any other organisation."

Melinda continues, ignoring Phil for now, and seeing that the young man keeps looking away, she knows she is right about this. Skye would never let any of her students to go down the same road she had, and her daughter will be quite angry once she learns that he has been taken in and the reason why.

"I just wanted to see if I could."

Jefferson mumbles, making Melinda roll her eyes. The young man shared quite a few similarities to Skye, she might try to deny it, but Melinda is quite sure she knows the truth.

"Shouldn't you be in school to and not out doing whatever it is you were doing?"

She decided to continue on, it was worth a try to get as much information as possible, even if she knows they will probably drop him of and that would be it.

"Hey! I was on my way to school! If she finds out I'm skipping she will kick me out of the class!"

There was anger in his voice and the young man finally looks up, his eyes narrowed but Melinda can see that he is worried about all of this, and Melinda can understand him. Skye have been telling her a lot about her students, and the deal she had struck with young mister Jefferson, seeing has he had started to skip classes after Skye left.

Lifting one eyebrow, she sees how Jefferson lowers his head again, eyes falling to the table.

"I hacked S.H.I.E.L.D late last night, not my fault you guys weren't able to find me until the morning."

He starts to mumble once more, making Melinda shake her head. Finally turning her attention towards Phil, she can see that he is looking at her with large eyes. Lifting one eyebrow, he turns his attention towards the young man.

"Why would you think that you could hack into S.H.I.E.L.D, there has to be another reason behind all of this."

Phil decides to take over, and hearing his question, Melinda rolls her eyes. It was clear that he hadn't been listening to what was saying, and she can see that the young man lifts his head slightly, one eyebrow risen.

"Seriously? I just told her that I did it because I wanted to see if I was able to do it. There was nothing else behind it and besides, getting into S.H.I.E.L.D wasn't hard."

He starts to point out, but quickly falling silent. Melinda narrows her eyes at this, not liking what she sees, and she can see that the young man is now hiding something much bigger.

"What do you mean?"

She asks, uncrossing her arms and leans towards the table, hopping that if she scares him a bit, he will start talking. A technique that never worked on Skye and from the looks of it, doesn't work on him either as he turs his head to look at him.

"I'm not speaking to either of you without my teacher."

He says, and Melinda stands back. There was something in his eyes, she couldn't fully put a finger on what the emotion is or what he was trying to tell her, but something tells her it's not something good. Hearing a ping coming from him, followed by multiple others, he turns his head to the side.

"Mind if I get that, it would be my classmates and by now, they are probably wondering where I am."

He asks and Melinda nods her head.

"Do so, I will call your teacher."

She informs and Jefferson nods his head and Melinda can see a hint of happiness in his eyes, but she can also see worry in them. Turning towards the door, her eyes lands on Phil and she nods her head to the side, indicating that he should follow him. When Phil doesn't move, she narrows her eyes, which makes her long-time best friend to rise.

Stepping into the hallway, Melinda starts to head for the command centre, Phil trying to catch up with her. The moment she enters the room, she can feel eyes landing on her and she looks up, seeing that FitzSimmons and Ward is in there and from the guilty look on Fitz face, the way Simmons is looking down and the fact that the interrogation rooms security camera is being shown on the big screen, she knows they have seen and heard it all.

"You know who he is?"

Ward is the first one to ask, beating Phil to the question. The only thing Melinda does however is nod her head as she pulls out her phone. She knows the rest of her team wants information about what is going on, and she know she will have to tell them. But it will be a lot more fun to just show them, which will also make it easier to explain everything that has been happening.

Scrolling through her contacts, she finds Skye's number and calls it, holding up her hand when she sees that Phil is about to say something.

"In the middle of a class."

Skye answers, her voice low.

"Well, cancel it! We just picked someone up that..."

Is the only thing Melinda has time to say before she hears Skye let out a deep sigh.

"I knew it, it was just a matter of time. I should never have told them that story, or I should just have left out the part about me hacking. How much trouble is he in?"

Melinda can't help but to smile slightly at the complete defeat in Skye's voice as she speaks, no longer keeping her voice low.

"Not as much as he could be in, but I think there is something else going on. I'll take him with me, and you can see for yourself."

She decides to tell her, sure, Melinda would be able to pull the higher rank and the fact that they have just arrested one of her students to get Skye to come to the BUS. But for her sanity, it would be easier to just take Jefferson and the rest of the team to where Skye is.

"Yeah, you two won't be the only once that is showing up. I just got a message from Miss Dawson; they are coming in to help too. I have a bad feeling about this."

"You are not the only one. We will be there in half an hour."

Melinda explains, ending the call before Skye has a chance to say anything else. Feeling that the rest of her team is looking at her, she rolls her eyes.

"If you want to find out what is going on, you make sure you are ready within 10 minutes."

She tells them, before leaving the room. She can hear the faint voices of Ward and FitzSimmons asking Phil what is going on, but seeing as she doesn't hear him reply, it's clear he hasn't figured out what is going on.

Reaching the interrogation room, she pushes the door open and turns to look at Jefferson, who looks up from his phone.

"Come on, move it! We are heading out to see her and the rest of your class apparently."

She informs him and seeing that he is rolling his eyes at the last information, Melinda wonders if he has been trying to get them to stay out of it all.