four

112 AC

112 AC

Valaenyra was sprinting through the corridors of the castle, her heart pounding in her chest. She was supposed to be with her sister, Aemma, but after what she heard about the brutality Daemon had done to the city and its people, she couldn't help herself to go to him and give him a piece of mind.

Aemma was supposed to be living a peaceful life right now where gossip of the court shouldn't reach her ear as it may make her worry. Hence that is why gossip and terrible news shouldn't be made in the first place.

But Daemon Fucking Targaryen decided to destroy that peace and made Aemma concerned in regards to what is happening with her city and the people.

He was only here for one day, just one day and he had already caused distress for a lot of people. He had been the center of the problem, and Valaenyra will fix that problem before it will turn into something more major like a riot and caused a headache.

She reached his chambers and pushed open the door, she did not even care if he was tired and was currently sleeping after a very tiring night. He will get an earful.

"Fuck!"

Her heart sank at the sight that met her. Daemon was as bare as his name day. She allowed her eyes to rake over the hard muscles of his chest and the defined planes of his stomach before gazing down low, she thought that he definitely did not disappoint.

She tore her eyes away from him then, disgusted at herself for not resisting the temptation that was right in front of her.

She spun abruptly, facing the door and not the tempting man behind her who was currently drying his hair with a towel.

He had just taken a bath, trying to get rid of the smell of blood before either visiting his dear cousin or his niece. It had seemed that the gods had given him a better proposition in allowing his Valaenyra to come to him.

He stepped slowly towards her and let his hands lightly brush across her back before curling his arm around her waist and tugging her into his chest.

"You don't like the view?" his tone light and full of jest.

Valaenyra planned to stomp his foot again and attacked him like yesterday, but he must have anticipated her move as he moved his own foot and whirled her around so they stood chest-to-chest.

She cursed herself for wearing such a thin dress today because she could feel everything.

"Do you think you can attack me with the same move? Think smarter, darling," Daemon whispered to her.

"You should be glad I didn't use your own given ring on you, I suppose you wouldn't want a scar to mark your body," Valaenyra said as she tried to escape his embrace.

Daemon chuckled at her attempt, "If you like battle scars, I have no problem having them for you."

"And do please stop trying to escape me," he leaned down to her as he whispered. He can feel his body begin to respond to her movement.

The sound of his breath in her ear gave her a shiver and a tingling sensation running down her body. Their faces were now only inches apart and Daemon could easily bend down to slam his lips onto her.

"Well then unhand me," Valaeryna hissed out.

She knew that they were in a compromising position, if a soul ever walked to that door and saw the scene in front of them, she was sure that it will cause a ruckus in the Red Keep. Daemon was married after all and she wouldn't want to be labeled as his mistress or worse, his whore. What would her sister say?

"And for god sake, cover yourself."

Daemon moved his gaze from her eyes to her lips then lingered for a second before walking backward to put on a robe. Valaenyra merely alleviated her gaze elsewhere.

"I must have done something right today for you to grace my present," Daemon finally said after a few moments of silence.

"Then you must have known why I have come here?" Valaenyra asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

He just walked over to his bed and lay in it, getting himself comfortable, "If I wanted a lecture, I would have gone to Otto Hightower. He can yap all day long without getting tired."

"Well if you do not want a lecture then you shouldn't have done what you did," Valaenyra snapped at him.

"And what do you want me do? Let the people in King's Landing to not feel safe? Allowing them to get mugged, raped, or murdered while their perpetrators ran free?" he asked her in return. "You always run around King's Landing and greet the smallfolk, what would happen if they get to you? Do people not think of that?"

"Is that why you did it?" Valaenyra said sadly. She walked to his side of the bed and pulled a chair so she could sit beside him.

Daemon let out a sigh, "Our city should be safe for all its people, is it not?"

"Please, we all know you're not doing that because you are merely concerned for the safety of the people," Valaenyra rolled her eyes. She knew Daemon too well, "I knew you found quite a bit of fun handling justice in your own way."

He only chuckled at her in response, he couldn't contend since what she was saying is the truth.

"Honestly I am not going to lecture you for putting on your judgment on those criminals and making a public show of it. In fact, I quite agree with your method, those criminals need to fear the City Watch and understand that all of their action has consequences," she started. "I only wanted you to be considerate of my sister."

"When this news reached her ears, she had become quite worried of the people and of you, I suppose, on what repercussion you might face. It might cause her to stress and it is not good for the baby, Daemon. You know how precious this baby is for her," she continued.

"So please just hold everything off until she birthed the baby."

His eyes widened, staring at her face as she said those words. He didn't expect anyone to understand and accept his action. He knew that his belief and view can be skewed. Viserys only accepted it because he gave a valid argument regarding the lords that will be coming to King's Landing.

He pulled himself up from the bed to sit up and take her hand, "If that's what you want, I'll hold off any of my plans for the City Watch after Aemma's birth then."

"You have other plans?" Valaenyra arched her brow. "Should I be worried for the city? There might not be any men left for Viserys to rule."

He smacked his lips in jest, "Well, we wouldn't want that don't we? Don't worry I'll leave at least 10 men alive."

"And that would make you a bad king if you become one," she bopped his nose which resulted in his laugh.

However, Daemon couldn't help but take those words to the heart, "You think I will make a bad king."

"You're Daemon Targaryen, you are strong, brave, powerful. But sometimes being strong does not mean you are a good king, to be a good king you also have to be compassionate and impartial. You have to have a strong head so none of those around you can patronize you or influence your decision because sometimes even the person closest to you is your enemy," she started.

"You showed people your arrogance, that you are proud and can be cruel, I think that personality of yours can be your downfall when you are king. But everyone can learn and grow from their mistakes or past. I believe you can too if you are crowned king, you just need to have that want to better yourself," she continued.

"So, no, Daemon. I have no reason to believe you make a bad king."

That day Daemon Targaryen's heart jumped out of his chest and he was ready to give it to her if she is willing to accept it.

author note
I'm abandoning all my self-respect and moral just for him smh

don't forget to vote, and comment for more.