thirteen

115 AC

115 AC

It was uncomfortably warm, the sun appeared to be shining everywhere, and clouds were letting forth dusty rays of light. A pleasant breeze rushed through Valaenyra's open balcony as gentle white clouds bubbled in the eastern sky.

So much had changed in the three years they hadn't seen each other. There was something different about him; might she say he had matured?

A knock at the door pulled Valaenyra from her thoughts and she coughed in surprise.

"Come in," she called.

Perched on the edge of her bed, Valaenyra watched as Daemon walked into her room. She ran her fingers through her silver hair, twirled it in her hand, and inspected it closely before finally glancing up at Daemon who was standing near her bed.

"You miss out on my banquet in the Godswood," Daemon said, flashing an arrogant grin that caused Valaenyra to roll her eyes at him.

"Well, I need to take a nap," she said. "Do you know how exhausting it was being on a tour for Rhaenyra's hand? My back is killing me already."

Daemon walked closer and sat next to her, "You should try being on a battlefield for three years."

"I promise you wouldn't even last a day doing this tour with Rhaenyra, but I assure you I would survive being on a battlefield for three years. You can bet that after the first three men started to say their speech, you'll have have slain one," Valaenyra snorted and rolled her eyes at him.

"That simply adds to the excitement, doesn't it? I'm pretty sure you'll love a good show," Daemon leaned in close and his hands found their way to the back of her neck, resting his fingertips on her skin for a minute before carefully releasing the band holding her hair altogether so that her hair hung loosely on her shoulders.

"But then I won't be there," Valaenyra said as she leaned back towards his touch. "I'll be fighting in the Stepstones."

"Then perhaps after I kill all of those bastards, I will fly to you and join you in the battle."

They were close, very close. Daemon's hands were still on the base of her neck, massaging circles with his thumbs on the exposed flesh there. It then crept up to her cheeks as it moved to her face.

The dim candlelight in her room brought up that ambiance and enhance her beauty. Her pale and silver Targaryen curls shone brightly, he wanted to bury his face into the masses and just inhale her scents.

"I hope you'll enjoy your time here in King's Landing," she said to him in jest. "From all the times you're here, there's a good possibility you'll be exiled again from doing something dumb."

"I'll try my best to not to then so I can stay here longer," he murmured, eyes locked into hers.

"I'll bet you 5 Targaryen gold then, how about that?" Valaenyra smiled brilliantly.

"I'll hold onto that," he leaned in closer to her. "You wouldn't believe what Rhaenyra said to me today after my celebration."

Previously resting on her bed, Valaenyra's attention was aroused. She sat up after shifting her weight away from Daemon and then moved in closer to his face as if they were sharing a secret.

"What did she say?" Valaenyra asked.

"Something about her being scared of marriage because she was scared she might end up like Aemma who died due to her duty," Daemon whispered, eyes flicking to her lips. "You should stop feeding her your thoughts, she's becoming more like you."

Valaenyra smirked, pushing a long wavy stray of hair from her eyes before leaning back, "Well, I am just stating the facts."

"Marriage is just a political arrangement, Valaenyra. Once you are wed, you can do anything that you like," Daemon said.

"It's true. Marriage is only a duty that does not stop up from doing what we want," Valaenyra said without hesitation. "or fucking who we want. However, that does not imply that we women have the same freedom to do so as men. It is still a death sentence. We have to be sneakier about it while men can brag around about it."

"Rhaenyra doesn't appear to think the same way as you do about it; she doesn't seem to understand what pleasure is at all," Daemon replied, before suddenly furrowing his eyebrows and then standing up.

He put both of his hands on his waist and stared at her intensely, "Wait, does that mean you have fucked before? With who?"

Valaenyra just rolled her eyes, "I'm 5 and 20, Daemon. Do you really think I would be happy to this day without sex?"

Daemon froze for a moment then widened his eyes as he processed the information he was given, "With who?"

Daemon was astounded by what he had just heard. Valaenyra had broken her maidenhead already? He was never informed about it by her. Who was it with? When was it? Did she like it? She probably didn't enjoy it and he could pleasure her so much better.

Meanwhile, Valaenyra scolded herself for her stupidity. She should have said that, not just to Daemon, but to anyone.

Hell would break loose if anyone found out she had broken her maidenhead. She would be married off to some old lord who would accept her as she is.

It was such a miracle that she managed to get away with it too, without needing any moon tea. As if she tried to procure one, it will undoubtedly raise suspicion.

Thank fuck Harwin Strong knew how to pull out.

"So who was it? You can tell me,"Daemon tried to pry. "Do you even like it? I'm sure whoever it is won't be able to pleasure and tame a dragon like you."

"It's not like you can do it better," Valaenyra rolled her eyes in which Daemon replied with a gapping mouth that was opened in shock. "But, yes. I very much liked it."

After answering, Valaenyra just grabbed his wrist and stood up from her bed. She didn't even wait for his protest or replies.

She continued to struggle to drag him out of her room as she did not want him to continue pestering her about it. Although, it was not that hard to haul him away as he was still in shock that he was barely able to stood his ground.

"There's going to be a festival in the city tonight, I want to watch it," Valaenyra tried to change the subject. "Let's invite Rhaenyra, gods knew that girl needed some night out."

"Wait, darling," Daemon tried say but Valaenyra was having none of it. "So who was it?"

With one final push, Daemon was finally out of her room.

"Get Rhaenyra and I some disguises for tonight."

author note
imma need to make the rating of this book mature for what is to come hmmhmmm

don't forget to vote, and comment for more.