twelve

115 AC

115 AC

Has it really been many months already, she wondered indolently. Time had appeared to pass more slowly as she was stuck on this tour to determine who would win Rhaenyra's hand and marry her.

She was aware that Rhaenyra was weary of the trip as well, but by god, wouldn't Valaenyra want to bash her head open for agreeing to accompany her niece on this tour. She wished she could say no to Rhaenyra but her niece had her wrapped around her finger.

She must have been completely exhausted by this trip because in the second month, she gave in and voluntarily sent a letter to Daemon. He hadn't even contacted her in the past three years when he went on a war with the crab feeders, yet there she was, the first one who yielded then send him a letter.

There was nothing particularly special in this letter, just some explanation regarding her situation and a very plead of "Getting her out of there."

Throughout the tour, Valaenyra struggled to comprehend what she was seeing; first, a man much older than Viserys was sent in, and now a boy. When the boy started pulling out his sword and pointing it at a man who ridicule him was when Valaenyra's interest was piqued. This drama would be the highlight of the tour.

But her drama was shattered as Rhaenyra stated that they are leaving the tour.

"Send word to the harbor and have Captain Oswin ready the ship," Rhaenyra ordered Ser Criston.

"Princess, we're due in Bitter bridge in three days' time," Ser Criston replied.

"Yes, and this is the most interesting thing I have ever seen for the past few months, niece. Let us watch the show for a while," Valaenyra chimed into their conversation.

Rhaenyra rolled her eyes as she continued to walk faster, "I would happily row myself back to King's Landing if it brought an end to this ridiculous pageant."

Valaenyra sighed in disappointment as she wouldn't be able to enjoy this show, but the show had come to an end anyway when they heard a blade slashed into a body and a man grunt. She shifted her gaze to the sight in front of her.

"Don't look, Princess," Ser Criston advised Rhaenyra.

"Well, won't you look at that," Valaenyra's eyes were still focused on the scene in front of her. "He might make a fine match for you Rhaenyra. He won the battle after all, and he was only a child."

"Do you really want me to be married off so fast?" Rhaenyra asked in frustration at Valaenyra. "Are you getting tired of me and tried to rid of me quickly?"

"Well, even if you are married Rhaenyra, I will always be with you. Trust that I will be an old, unmarried maid who was going to take care of you till I die," Valaenyra chuckled as she joked around.

Rhaenyra just groaned at Valaenyra before grabbing her arms and walking away from the room. They moved swiftly to board their ship as they proceeded near the pier.