seventeen

115 AC

115 AC

Valaenyra had not seen Rhaenyra at all that day even for dinner, and she was quite worried as she sat down, reclining back on the sofa in her chambers. She planned to have another chat with Rhaenyra to straighten things up today, but alas the chance never come.

Her thoughts though were cut off by the girl, herself. Valaenyra looked up in surprise as Rhaenyra entered her chambers, slamming the door rather forcefully than she felt was necessary. Valaenyra frowned as Rhaenyra stomped to where she was seated and plopped down on the soft cushion.

Her frown deepened when Rhaenyra took her wine goblet from the grip of her hand and chugged it down.

"My father is forcing me to wed Laenor Velaryon," Rhaenyra informed her. "To dispel the rumor that was happening between uncle Daemon and me. Would you mind telling me aunt how that happened?"

"How would I know?" Valaenyra sighed heavily.

"Because you and uncle fucked that night!" Rhaenyra seethed. "They must have thought you were me and spread the rumor to disinherit me of my throne. The rumors wouldn't have been there in the first place if you did not do anything with him."

"If not that rumor do you really think that they wouldn't have made something up again?" Valaenyra asked her with a frown.

"I don't know," Rhaenyra pouted. "I don't want to marry Laenor. I don't want to marry at all."

"Laenor is a better match than everyone else's," Valaenyra replied.

"Why? Because our wedding could unite two strong houses?" Rhaenyra said sarcastically. She took no time to refill wine into her goblet and drink it in an instant.

Valaenyra just sighed, "No. You must have heard how Laenor Velaryon prefers the company, not of our kind."

"Yes?" Rhaenyra replied curiously.

"You can perform your duty in marriage then just when it's done, you can go on your separate ways and do whatever you like, he wouldn't mind. It's the best union you could have gotten, Rhaenyra," Valaenyra sighed.

Rhaenyra stayed silent as she continued to ponder what Valaenyra said. It was a fine union, she agreed. She could get more off this union rather than being married off to someone who would just whored around while she stayed silent.

"Will you leave me?" Rhaenyra asked, looking at Valaenyra for the first time. "When I got married off, I am no longer my father's responsibility but my husband therefore no longer your responsibility. Will you leave me alone and marry uncle Daemon?"

"What made you get to that conclusion?" Valaenyra asked her as she saw the fear in her eyes.

Rhaenyra shrugged, "I mean that made sense and you wouldn't always be there for me when you got married."