eighteen

115 AC

115 AC

The sun slowly crept out, disappearing without warning as Valaenyra was walking through the hallways. The recent preparations for Rhaenyra's wedding to Laenor Velaryon had made life in King's Landing very frantic.

Smoke filled the throne room, and the aroma of freshly made bread and roasting meat filled the air. For the celebration, candles were placed all throughout the hall to maintain the hypnotic lighting and atmosphere. Goblets of silver and gold alike were placed beside dining sets of shining silverware, full of Dornish reds and exotics from beyond the Narrow Sea.

The wall adorned with flags of Targaryen colors swung softly as the floor was once again polished. Everything was absolutely beautiful and Valaenyra thought that she might have outdone herself.

She did not accompany Rhaenyra to the Driftmark because she preferred to assist with the arrangements; as a result, she only heard what Rhaenyra had to say.

Apparently, she and Laenor had reached an understanding, and she had broken off her involvement to Ser Criston because the guard wanted to take her away and marry her, forcing her to abandon her responsibility as heir.

What a cunt.

The first hour of the feast was tedious. She was seated with Rhaenyra on the left-hand side, beneath the raised platform.

Valaenyra was merely trying to contain her yawn as other lords and ladies started congratulating their bride. She was eager to start eating and finish this feast. She knew that Rhaenyra was feeling the same.

When Valaenyra heard drumming echoing around the hallway, she straightened her back against her seat and waited for the Velaryon family to arrive.

"Lord Corlys of House Velaryon. Lord of the Tides, Master of Driftmark. And his lady wife, Princess Rhaenys Targaryen. And their son and heir, Ser Laenor Velaryon, the future king consort," was announced throughout the hall.

Everyone in the hall began to clap as the Velaryon walked, approaching the long table that hosted the royal family. The three of them rose from their seat to offer respect to their soon to be good-family before Rhaenyra walked down, approaching her betrothed.

It was only after Rhaenyra brought Laenor to the table that the rest of the family followed in. She ended up giving up her seat to Laenor and offered the Velaryon family to sit next to their son. Hence she ended up sitting at the side of the long table, next to Laena Velaryon.

Everyone began to sit down and prepare for the upcoming celebration and feast, however, they were all shocked by the appearance of their Rogue prince. Despite nearly every guest muttering about him, he strode confidently to the long table of the royal family while wearing a smug expression. .

"Daemon," Valaenyra whispered to herself.

He had been gone for a few weeks after Viserys exiled him again for the rumors. She had assumed that she wouldn't see him again after a few years had gone, yet here he was only a few weeks later, strutting arrogantly in their direction despite the fact that his own lady-wife had only recently passed away.