Chapter 1 - A New Start

Hermione meets Ron outside the Ministry. He grasps her hand and says, "ready?" "Yes," she replies. They apparate home and step inside.

"I'll make supper," says Hermione. She walks over to the refrigerator and takes out a few ingredients. She decides to make something simple, as she's had a stressful day. As she cooks, Ron tells her what he and Harry had done that day. She loved hearing his stories, they were always exciting and action filed at times.

"So we caught a couple we of run away Death Eaters as you may have heard," he said. "We put them to questioning and were found guilty. They went to Azkaban and we went to find more of the blokes," he continued. "You know, I always love hearing your stories right?" Hermione interrupted. "Well, they aren't very interesting in my opinion," said Ron. "So I don't know why you're even listening, Hermione." "I listen to them all the time, don't expect me not to," she replied.

"I love you," said Ron. "You know that?" "Isn't it obvious?" She said. "You're the one who proposed to me that night." "Yeah, I guess it is," he said. He made his way next to her and kissed her on the cheek. "Is it ready yet? I'm starving," he exaggerated. "Actually yes," said Hermione, "here you go."

Hermione sat and watched Ron eat as she ate her own meal. She couldn't help but stare at Ron a bit. How could she be so lucky to have him? She thought as she ate. "That was good," said Ron after they had finished eating. "I'm tired," said Hermione. "Go up to bed then," Ron replied. "Not unless you come with me," she said. "I can't sleep alone without having nightmares, and you know that." "Oh, fine," said Ron. "I can't argue with you, can I?" "Suppose not," she replied with a chuckle.. He takes her hand and they walk up the stairs together. They change into pajamas, and crawl into bed. Hermione stays close to Ron as she dozes off, into the silence of the night, and a deep and peaceful sleep.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading, this is my first story and I would really appreciate if you left a rate and a comment. Chapter 2 will be up shortly. Thanks again!