Chapter 8 - Christmas

It was Christmas Eve, and Ron and Hermione were sitting on the sofa together. They had been wondering what their plans were for today, when Pig came flyimg through the window. "What is it?" Asked Ron as Hermione took thr envelope from Pig's beak. "It's a letter," said Hermione as she opened it. She said it aloud and it said:
Dear Ron and Hermione,
We would love it if you could come and stay at the Burrow for Christmas, if you would like. Send back a reply!
- Mrs. Weasley
"That sounds great!" Said Ron, smiling. "Yeah, we should go." Said Hermione. They go upstairs, chamged, amd apparated to thr Burrow. They walk inside and Mrs. Weasley says, "Oh! You're here already!" "Yeah," said Ron. "We just got the letter and decided to come." "Well, that was nice of you to come so early." Said Mrs. Weasley. "I guess we could take a walk until everyone gets here?" Hermione suggested. "That sounds good." Said Ron, taking Hermione's hand and walking outside. "I'll tell when the others get here!" Called out Mrs. Weasley.
Ron and Hermione silently walked together when Hermione said, "So have you gotten me anything?" "Of course I have!" Ron said. "How about you?" "Yes I have!" She said. "I think you'll like it." They talked until Mrs. Weasley called them inside. They went back to the Burrow and saw: Harry, Ginny, Bill, Fleur, George, Angelina, Teddy, Victiore, and Fred (George and Angelina's son). Ginny hugged Hermione and Ron and so did Harry and all the others. "I can't believe we are all here." Said Hermione. "I know, its terrific!" Said George. "I love it when we all get together like this." Said Mrs. Weasley. "Well, it's getting late, so all of you best get to bed. Especially the children." Teddy, Victiore, and Fred groaned and trudged up the stairs to their rooms.
"I think Hermione and I will be going to bed too," said Ron, grasping Hermione's hand and walking up the stairs. They got into Ron's room and went to bed. They could hear all the others doing the same throughout the house as they fell asleep.
The next morning, Ron woke up and Hermione wasn't there. She must be downstairs. He thought as he got up. He got dressed and went downstairs where sure enough, he found Hermione helping Mrs. Weasley with breakfast. "Good morning, love." She said smiling but not taking her eyes off her progress. Soon everyone was sitting at the table, eating. Teddy called out, "It's Christmas! We should go open presents!" "Oh calm down," siad George, ruffling Teddy's bright blue hair. "We've got time." Teddy pouted and fixed his hair. "Fine," he said.
After breakfast, they all gathered around the Christmas tree to open presents. Ron gave Hermione a ruby and gold necklace, and Hermione gave him and Harry watches. Harry's had a Snitch, and Ron's had the initials C.C. on it. For "Chudley Cannons." Ginny got a scarf from Hermione and Ron. Presents were exchanged. Gifts were unwrapped. When all the presents were opened, Harry stood up and said, "Excuse me, I have an announcement to make." Ginny was still sitting on the sofa, looking quizically up at Harry. Ron knew what was coming.
Harry bent down on one knee, took out a small box, and said, "All this time, you were chasing me. And you were the catch I seeked. So Ginny, will you marry me? You're the Snitch I have always dreamed, I'd reach." Ginny had tears in her eyes. "Yes, Harry! Yes!" Harry stood up and slid the ring onto her finger. He hugged him tightly amd everyone applauded. At the end of the day, Ron and Hermiome said their goodbyes and were the last to leave the Burrow.