Chapter 5 - Hermione's Birthday

Hermione and Ron were coming home from their Honeymoon they spent over the summer in France. It was the night before Hermione's birthday and they are happy as newly weds.
They walk across the lawn holding hands and laughing. Hermione was glad to be home again. They walk inside and up the stairs. They change into pajamas and Hermione goes into the bathroom.
She was brushing her hair, her eyes closed, humming and smiling to herself. Then Rom came in from behind and put his arms around her waist. Making her sqeal. "Ron! That tickles!" Squeals Hermione. She looks up and into his ocean blue eyes. He kissed her nose and said, "I love you, Hermione. I'll never leave you. No matter what happens. I'll always be here." She kissed him on the lips and smiled. "I love you too," she said. Ron takes the hair brush from her hands and starts to brush her hair for her.
Afterwards, he picks her up bridal style playfully and sets her on the bed. He lays beside her and picks up the Deluminator and clicks it, the lights go out. He wraps his arms around Hermione and she snuggles closer. "Your birthday is tomorrow, " said Ron. "How could I forget?" Said Hermione. Ron kissed her on the head and said, "Goodnight, love." "Goodnight," said Hermione. They fall asleep in each others arms.
The next day, Ron woke up before Hermione for once. He sits up and hovers over Hermione, who is still sleeping. He kisses her on the forehead amd her eyes flutter open. "Happy birthday, love." He said. "Thank you," she said sleepily. "What do we have planned for today?" "Well..." said Ron. "Mum wanted us at the Burrow today, so we should go." "That sounds great, " she said getting up. They got ready and apparated. Ron knocked on the door of the Burrow and they waited.
"They're here," they could hear the familiar voice of George whisper a little too loudly. Ron rolled his eyes and Hermione giggled. Mrs. Weasley open the door. "SURPRISE!" Everyone yelled. "Happy birthday, love!" Said Ron. "Oh my gosh, I love you!" Yelled Hermione hugging Ron tightly. George, Harry, Ginny, Mr and Mrs. Weasley, Bill and Fluer, Charlie and Percy all hugged her and wished her happy birthday.
They all talked, joked, and laughed then Mrs. Weasley came in carrying a cake big enough to feed everyone. "I didn't know we would have cake!" Said Hermione, excied. The cake was placed on the table. She walked up to it and everyone gathered around and sang 'Happy Birthday.' She thought of her wish, to be with Ron forever, and blew out the candles. Ron came up behind her amd wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her on the cheek. "Happy birthday, Hermione Weasley," he said. She got a present from everyone except Ron. He said he was saving it for later.
Ron and Hermione were the last to leave the Burrow and had apparated home. Hermione sat down on the sofa with Ron and asked, "So, where is my special present?" "Oh, close your eyes and wait here. I'll be back." Said Ron. She did as told and Ron got up and went to get the present. He came back minutes later and said, "Open your eyes." Hermione saw, Ron holding out a small ginger kitten. "Oh my gosh!" She exclaimed. "I love it!" She took the kitten and cradled it in her arms.
"The little guy doesn't have a name yet," said Ron. "Hmm,..." said Hermione. "I don't know, but I can tell you really want to name him." "Do not, just name him." Ron said. "No, if you want to name him, you name him." Hermione said, holding up the kitten. "Fine," said Ron. "Er, I'll name him Otter. After your patronus." Hermione smiled, "It's perfect!" She said. She snuggled closer to Ron and he wrapped his arms around her. Otter curled up on her lap and fell asleep. Hermione closed her eyes and Ron leant his head on hers. They fell asleep just like that.