Chapter 11 - Stains

Hermione was in her library reading. She could hear little Rose crying in the other room. Rose was not even a year old yet, as her birthday was at the beginning of November. Hermione went upstairs to aid the baby of her needs.
She changed her diaper, fed her, and decided to bring her downstairs. They had put a playpen in the lounge, as to keep an eye on her. It was late at night and Ron had to have been home from work any minute. She decided to play with Rose as she waited. She took her out of the playpen and sat her on the sofa. Hermione took out her wand and put a charm on a piece of parchment to make it fold itself, to look and fly like a bird. It flew around Rose's head and she giggled hysterically. Hermione smiled at this and made more of the birds.
This went on for at least an hour by which time Rose had fallen asleep. Half an hour later Ron came home. "I'm home, love!" He announced, taking his coat off. "Sh..." said Hermione, pointing to a sleeping Rose. "Oh..." said Ron, coming over to them. "And how are my two favourite girls?" "Fine, thank you." Said Hermione. Ron picked up Rose, careful not to wake her. Hermione watched him go upstairs to put her to bed.
Hermione watched as he came back, when he saw her he smiled his little smirk. She smiled as he sat next to her. "Hullo, love." He said putting an arm around her. "Hullo." Said Hermione, leaning into him. Ron pulled her close and buried his face into her soft brown locks. "I love you," he said, his voice muffled by Hermione's hair. "I love you too." Said Hermione, snuggling into him. She listened to the strong and steady heartbeat in Ron's chest and slowly began to fall asleep. She felt him pick her up and carry her to their bedroom. He tucked her into bed. Hermione soon fell into a peaceful sleep with Ron by her side.
Hermione woke up to find Ron getting ready for work. She checked the time, it was 4:38am and still dark outside. Ron never gets up this early. "Ron?" She asked. Ron turned around and said, "Blimey, I didn't know you were awake!" "Why are you up so early?" Asked Hermione, sitting up. "They called me in," he said slipping on his Auror's cloak. "What's happened?" Asked Hermione. "Don't know, they didn't say. Corruption at the Ministry I guess," he said. "See you later." He kissed her on the lips and went out the door.
It had been several hours since Ron left. She wasn't all that worried. Hermione did chores around the house, took care of Rose, and other things. She had been cleaning when she got some really bad stomach cramps. She thought it was nothing, so she tried to ignore it. The cramps just kept getting worse. She went to the bathroom, and they got worse and worse. She had been coming out of the bathroom, when a searing pain ran through her abdomen. Next thing she knows, is that she's standing in a pool of thick, dark red blood. "Oh... Merlin..." was all she could manage to say. She took out her wand and sent a Patronus to Ron with the emergency message. Within minites, Rom came barging through the door. He looks at her in shock, and thats the last thing she saw before passing out.

Author's Note: Thank you SO much for reading. I'm sorry that this is short and sort of confusing, but I'm proud of it. I'd like to thank Hermione_Weasley__ for the request of this chapter and the future Chapter 12. As you may notice, I left this chapter on a cliffhanger. Mwahaha. Thank you to Ginevra_Potter for editing this chapter and the others along with it. Thank you again! Almost 700 reads! Keep reading and have a sharp eye out for a new update!
- Hermione_Weasley