Chapter 9 - The Surprise

It was Febuary 13th, the day before Valentine's Day. Hermione had found out the week before, something she hadn't expected. She didn't know how she was going to tell Ron. She decided to tell him tomorrow.
   She was in her office at the Ministry, being bombarded with paperwork. Ron was expected to come to her office around lunch time, as he always did. She was having mood swings due to stress and sleepless nights. She was going back and forth around her office, organizing files and writing up papers. She was dizzy from the stress and felt as if she might faint. After about an hour or so, Ron came in to find her sitting on the floor, back againt the desk, looking very flushed. "Hermione." She heard him say. His voice sounded so faint, like he was miles away. "Hermiome! Answer me!" He exclaimed. She felt him touch her face and she said, "Ron..." "Hermione! Are you alright? I'll go get help, alright love?" She heard him say before she slowly fainted.
   She awoke in a bed, not her cozy warm bed at home, a hospital bed. "Ron?" She said. There was no one in the room. "Ron!" She yelled. No one came in or answered,  or maybe none that she could hear. She was afraid he wouldn't come for her, she began to cry and yelled again. "RON!" She screamed. She could hear someone yell and some shuffling in the cooridor. Ron came bursting through the doors and ran strait towards Hermione's side. "Are you okay?" He said as she sat up. "Those blokes wouldn't let me thriugh or tell me anything." Hermione slowly took the I.V. out of her arm and said, "I'm fine, I yelled for you and I thought you wouldn't come, so I tried again and here you are." "I heard you love, I did. They just wouldn't let me through." Said Ron. "I want to go home now, I don't want to be here anymore." Said Hermione. "Alright," said Ron. "Here get changed." He handed her clothes to her and she went and changed.
   They walked out together, the tight grip that Ron had on Hermione's hand was comforting. The doctors tried to stop them but Ron pushed them aside. She couldn't stop thinking of the surprise she had in store for him the next day. It was night time when they got home. Hermione imediately went up to bed without even bothering to change her clothes. Ron clrawled inbside her and she fell asleep.
   The next day she woke up, but her abdomen hurt so bad that she didn't even want to get up. She turned over to lie on her stomach to try and ease the pain. Nope, she thought as she winced. Only made it worse. She rolled onto her back again and stared up at the ceiling, hands on her middle. She had to tell Ron today, she had to. After a while Ron finally woke up. "Hullo," said Hermione. "Have a nice sleep did you?" Ron nodded, sat up and rubbed his eye. "I'll go make breakfast." She ed said, getting up. Ron got up and changed into clean clothes.
   Hermione was downstairs cooking when she felt Ron wrap his arms around her. She jumped slightly, turned around and said, "Happy Valentine's Day." "Happy Valentine's Day," Ron repeated and kissed her on the lips. Hermione went back to her cooking as she watched Ron sit on the back porch. Hermione walked out carrying a stack of strawberry pancakes. They ate until Ron said, "so, what are the plans for today?" "I was thinking we could   a picnic somewhere?" Said Hermione. Ron smiled and said, "yeah, I know just the place."
   They packed up a lunch later that day and Ron apparates them to the surprise spot. He guides her through the hedges and she gets the surprise of her life. A snow packed courtyard with a small lake and beds of roses here and there. Hermione was speechless as Ron guided her to a clear spot. They sit and start to eat. After a while, Hermione starts to get the pains she had earlier. She decided it was time to tell Ron. "Ron?" She asked. "Yes?" Ron replied. "I have something important to tell you something important." "Anything," Ron said. Hermione sighed and said, "I know we've only been married for less than a year now, so I don't know if we are ready for this." Hermione could feel a pit form in her stomach and began to feel nervous. "Are you sure you want me to tell you?" She asked. "Of course, love!" Said Ron.
   She let out a deep sigh. "I... I'm..." she stuttered. "I'm pregnant." She looked up at Ron, who had a shoked expression across his face. "You are?" He asked squeezing Hermione's hand. She nodded and he asked, "is... is it... is it mine?" "Of course it's yours you idiot!" She said. Ron smiled and put a hand on her abdomen. He said, "But... what... how?" "Well, on New Year's,  you were too leggless to mind what you were doing so, we... yeah..." said Hermione with a chuckle. "I wasn't as bad as you were so I remember a lot." "Wow," said Ron raising his eyebrows. "So, are you going to keep him or her?" "Of course I am! I would never get an abortion! That's just cruel!" Said Hermione. "Although, I am quite scared..." Ron squeezed her hand, looked into her eyes and said, "don't worry, love. We will get through this. Together." Hermione smiled and leaned into his chest.
Author's Note: Thank you for reading! I will try to be posting regularly again, as I am graduating from my current school on May 27th. On the 20th, I have a dance at my school, so I will not be posting a chapter that day. Sorry! I love you guys so much!  Comment your ideas and opinions please! Also don't forget to leave a vote and to share on social media! Thank you! - Hermione_Weasley