Twenty-five

Y/N's POV

"Will you go on a date with me?"..."You know what, just forg-"

"Yeah, I'll go on a date with you, Ari." I stated, looking at her.

Her smile got wide and I swore that her eyes started sparkling.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." 

She was silent for a little bit, thinking about what her next words were going to be.

"I'm sorry if that was weird, I just...didn't know when to do it. I've liked you for a while, and the party..."

"Hey, save that for the date!" As soon as I spoke, the bus stopped right in front of us and we both got in.

I smiled at the memory of a few days ago, but I was interrupted by someone knocking on my bedroom door.

It was Morgan, of course.

I told them about my date with Ari, and of course, they had the fantastic idea auto-proclaiming themselves as my stylist for the night

"I'm coming!" I huffed as I got up, seeing Morgan as my exact opposite: they were decently dressed while I was still in my pajamas.

"We have to be quick, remember Ari will be here at nine o'clock and it's almost eight! You don't want to be late for your first date her, do you?"

"I thought you didn't like Ari?"

"I mean, as surprising as it is I know that you wouldn't go on a date with a bad person, so I'm trying to like her, only for your sake if this goes well."

"Wow, you're so kind."

Morgan went into the bathroom and walked out with my robe and towels in their arms, "what is this stuff doing in your arms?"

"I'm helping you, of course. Here you go, go shower, meanwhile, I'll work on your outfit,"

It's nice that they're helping me, they know me better than anyone and they know that if they didn't help me I'd be late, and I don't want to keep Ari waiting.

Fortunately, I don't have to wash my hair since I did it yesterday, I had anticipated something like this might happen, and so in a few minutes, I am ready to wear whatever Morgan has chosen for me.

When I go to the room I see high-waisted black jeans, a white turtleneck and a black belt on the bed, while at the foot of the bed are white air forces.

Comfy but still classy in some weird way.

Morgan also handed me a necklace that they knew was one of my favorites: it was a silver necklace with a moon pendant, River gave it to me for my 18th birthday, and of course I wore it with my mom's necklace.

They also handed me a black coat since it was cold outside.

I looked at myself in the mirror once I was done, I have to admit I like it, it's comfortable but nice to look at at the same time.

I put my hair in a low bun, leaving some hair in the front and just as I finished doing it I heard my phone vibrate.

I saw a notification from Ari.

Ari

I'll be there in ten minutes :)

Y/n

I'll be waiting for you downstairs :)

I put the phone in my pocket and said goodbye to Morgan who wished me luck, then left the apartment to wait for Ari as I had told her.

In the meantime, I answered Jules who had wished me good luck and we continued a conversation that went from my date with Ari to how much we should have another movie marathon whenever we can.

The conversation lasted a few minutes, so I didn't notice that Ari was now standing in front of me.

"Fuck! I didn't see you," Ari  laughed at my fright and then quickly hugged me, her scent making its way into the air.

I took some time to analyze her well, she was wearing denim overalls with a black shirt under and black boots. She looked stunning.

She noticed my look, and although she smiled she didn't say anything, instead, she took my hand and led me toward the car, obviously opening the door.

"Since I'm feeling particularly good today, I'll let you have the aux cord," she said as I got into the car.

"Woah, so I can really play whatever I want?"

"Yup,"

This time I chose to put on one of my 90s/early 2000s playlists, and from the way Ari was singing at the top of her lungs every single song from Destiny's Child to Britney Spears, I don't think she minded, quite the contrary actually.

"Can you tell me where we're going? You haven't told me." I asked her, hoping she would notice the desperation in my voice.

"You know I'd like to tell you that it's a surprise and stuff like that, but nothing beats a classic dinner date, right?" she asked.

She obviously got out first, opened the door for me, and then I got out too.

"This is my favorite place ever, I've come here since I was a kid, and my family and the owners have bonded a lot. He reserved us the best table." She spoke, leading me inside.

"Thank you, Ari. You know I would have been fine with everything, right?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to do something cute for our first date."

She really cared, didn't she?

I really appreciated that, especially after what happened recently. It feels nice to have someone that knows what they want.

The easy things, we're attracted to them, we prefer them. And that was exactly what I was doing in that moment.

I just hoped everything would go okay.

a/n: don't hate me...
i havent proofread this so im sorry for eventual mistakes!
thank you so much for 6k, that's insane. i love you all<3