Forty-two

Y/N's POV

Christmas holidays were coming up, which meant that these were our last days of work before a state of total relaxation that would go on for two weeks.

Our floor was tremendously quiet, the only noise that could be heard was the clicking of the keyboards since everyone was focused on getting done as much work as they could so that they wouldn't have to do it during their days off.

I didn't have much work to do, but I still decided to get it done now so that I could be free during the two weeks.

This felt like school breaks all over again.

I always told myself that I would get all my homework done on the first days of the break so that I would be free for the rest of it...well, that never actually happened.

"Hey." Jules walked in, and I immediately recognized one of Morgan's t-shirts.

"Aw, look at you sharing shirts with my best friend." I joked, watching her slowly rise her head to look at me.

"Are you jealous?"

"Ew. Gross. I have my own thing going on." I didn't realize the words I had just pronounced until Jules' eyes were wide open and she slapped a hand across her mouth.

Before I knew it she grabbed my arm and dragged me into the bathroom, slamming the door.

"Tell me everything. Right now."

I couldn't escape this one.

"Wanda and I might have...kissed." I murmured loud enough for her to hear me.

"You what?!" Jules almost yelled, thankfully she was aware that we were at work where anyone could hear us, so she controlled her tone.

"And we might have stargazed..." 

That was probably Jules' last straw.

"You bitch! Does Morgan know about this?" Of course that was the first thing she would ask.

"I mean...they know something is up because I suck at lying, but I haven't told them."

"No need to, I'll do it. So I can watch my partner beat your ass for not telling us sooner."

"I wasn't sure Wanda wanted us to tell people, that's why."

"So, you're dating?"

"No, I just want to respect her privacy and mine." I heard my phone ring as soon as I said that, and of course Jules immediately looked at me.

Wanda
Come into my office, please?

Y/N
Look at you using the magic word!

Wanda
Shut it. Just come in

Y/N
You got it

I excused myself from the room and Jules smirked at me, I knew this was coming at some point.

I took the elevator and waited for it to bring me to the very last floor.

Once it got there I made my way into Wanda's office, walking that hallway again gave me memories of my interview, when she asked me to write the article...

Those were memories of the very beginning that I would always cherish, it didn't matter if they were good or bad.

I knocked on the door and heard the voice that had been giving me chills for a while now.

"Hey, need anything?" I asked as soon as I walked in, she stood up from her chair and met me halfway.

"Nope." She popped the p when she spoke, then wrapped her arms around my waist and kissed me.

I was taken aback by what she did, but as soon as I realized I immediately kissed her back.

"Was that okay?"

"Of course it was. You can kiss me whenever you want, you know that, right?" I questioned her, she looked lost in her own thoughts for a few seconds before speaking up.

"So...that means I can do this?" She said before kissing my entire face multiple times, slightly tickling me in the process.

"Wanda! Wanda!" I laughed as she pulled me even closer, I could feel her breath on my neck, which was making everything worse.

Despite calling out her name a few times, she didn't stop before she didn't have any more energy.

"Are you done?" I asked her, catching my breath.

"Are you tempting me?"

"Oh no, I would never."

"Good."

"Anyways...why did you call me here?"

"Well..." she started, walking back to her desk, gesturing for me to sit down. "These are the last days of work before Christmas, and I was wondering..." Wanda stopped talking for a few seconds, leaving me slightly confused. "I was wondering if you wanted to have dinner at my house on Christmas?"

Suddenly I couldn't speak, it was like everything inside of me was frozen.

Wanda must have taken that as a negative response because I saw a frown replacing the smile she had on her face.

"You don't have to if you feel like it's too earl-"

"No, no, it's okay. I'm sorry, I just wasn't expecting you to say that. Not in a bad way, obviously. But yeah, of course I want to." I told her, seeing that smile that I adored so much again.

"My friends will be there, the ones I told you about the other day. Are you okay with that?"

"Yeah, I am. I want to meet them. If they're your friends then they must be amazing."

"They are." She started. "You know, we're different. We haven't gone on a date as almost everyone does, but I liked it. We agreed to take it as it comes, right? And also, Natasha has been bugging me because she wants to talk to you again. In a better circumstance this time. She would make me regret existing if I didn't bring you to her sooner."

"I can't wait to see them too. Thank you for inviting me, Wanda."

"Of course." She got up again and pecked my lips before I walked out.

"You know...you used the Hotel Transylvania nicknames on me, maybe I should get some revenge." I teased her, she furrowed her brows and looked quite funny.

"Oh yeah? What were you thinking?"

"I haven't come up with anything yet, but I'll let you know as soon as I do."

"Do me a favor and go back to work, please."

a/n: idk what to say in here surprisingly
but hi
thank you for reading
ily