Fifty-eight

Y/N's POV

I turned around in my bed and didn't feel Wanda next to me. It was still the weekend, so she couldn't be at work, plus her phone was on her nightstand.

I got dressed with some of her clothes and immediately felt warmer, I took my phone with me and went to the living room where I could hear some voices.

There I could see Wanda sitting on the couch with one of the kids from last night I remembered to be Cassie, Scott's daughter.

Wanda had Cassie in her arms and she seemed to be tickling her, indeed the little girl's laugh filled the whole room.

I decided to not make my presence known yet and take a picture of this moment before walking in. I set it as my lock screen because it was too adorable not to, I loved how Wanda's soft side really came out when she was around her friends' kids.

Maybe it was because she never got much affection as a child, or at least that's what she told me. I knew both she and Pietro relayed on each other and each other only, so it mustn't have been the best way to spend her childhood.

"Oh, look who it is! It's auntie Y/N!" Wanda pointed at me, making both me and Cassie smile.

"I wouldn't use that word yet, she barely knows me."

"You are auntie Wanda's girlfriend, right?" She asked me and I nodded. "That means you're my auntie too then! It's like with Hope, she's my daddy's girlfriend so she is my step-mom, I love her a lot. Wait, does that make you my step-aunt?"

"I think auntie Y/N works just fine, Cass." Wanda recalled, from Cassie's face I could understand she was okay with what she had said. "So...while auntie Y/N was being lazy in bed we brought some breakfast to her, didn't we?"

"Yes!"

Wanda gestured for me to go into the kitchen where I could see some pancakes on the table. "They're not homemade, but they're good, right? Cassie really liked them." The little kid gave me a thumbs up, she was adorable. "Cass, can you stay here for a moment while I go talk to auntie Y/N for a sec? We won't be long. Do you want me to turn on the tv?"

"Well, daddy doesn't make me watch a lot of tv because he says it's bad for my eyes. But I guess I can ignore what he says for once."

"Once? You're a little troublemaker, this surely isn't the first time." Wanda said as she bopped her nose.

"Yeah, you're right auntie Wanda! Now turn the tv on!"

"Five minutes!"

"Deal." Wanda turned on the tv and walked up to me as I ate my breakfast.

"Scott got called in at work and neither Hope nor Cassie's mom could watch over her, so he asked me to pick her up, we got breakfast on the way here."

"That's okay, she's a fun kid."

"Yeah she is, and also a little devil, but I handle her just fine."

"You're good with her." I stated.

"She's special, like all of my friend's kids. I guess I'm closer to her in some way because I was there when she was born. Scott and I were hanging out when he got the call that Maggie was in labor. I was one the first person to hold her after her parents." Wanda explained, I felt my heart get fuller with each word.

"Do you want kids? In the future, I mean."

"I think so. I wouldn't now because I'm still adjusting to Oleg Resources, but maybe one day when I'm fully settled then why not. I like the idea of giving someone the love they deserve." Wanda pecked my lips and went back to Cassie, turning off the tv, getting some protests from the girl.