Forty-five

Y/N's POV

We all sat down at the table and all I could feel was the tension rising with each second.

They didn't look "scary", they just looked like they wanted to ask a lot of questions.

I sat by Wanda's side, and on my left was Natasha with her girlfriend.

I was glad they got the hint that I was nervous and sat near me, they were the only person I was most familiar with besides Wanda, of course.

"You made this?" I quietly asked Wanda after I took a bite of our first meal, from what I could see, there surely were going to be more than a few.

She just nodded and smiled, she really was a great cook.

Everyone was chatting, talking about work, how they were doing and more personal stuff.

They all seemed very close, I almost felt like an intruder, which was making me more nervous if that was even possible.

Thankfully Wanda noticed, she put one of her arms around me and started rubbing circles on my back with her fingers.

I was definitely feeling better.

I couldn't say that the looks I got from time to time weren't intimidating me, especially the ones from a blonde girl with darker highlights, she kind of scared me.

"So Y/N, we've been talking so much about all of us but haven't asked you to join, we're sorry for being so rude. Tell us about yourself." The man I recognized as Pietro, Wanda's twin brother, said.

I never was a fan of telling people stuff about myself, but I knew that they were going to be a part of my life if Wanda and I had evolved into a solid relationship, which I was really hoping for.

"Don't worry about that. Well, what would you all want to know?" I asked but didn't get a response, had I said something wrong?

"Don't panic, darling. I'm sure they will love anything about you." Wanda whispered into my ear, sending shivers all over my body.

I took a deep breath before talking, it didn't look like anyone was going to see anything soon, so I knew this had to be done.

"Anything is fine, Y/N." Natasha was kind enough to speak before I started.

"I'm Y/N Y/L/N, I'm twenty-five, I have a brother named River, he's the best. I have an English major at Columbia, I've always been into writing, so now as you probably already know I work at Oleg Resources." I started, not sure if I had anything else to add.

"You know the Stark family, right?" The brunette man sitting across from me asked, I didn't really remember his name even if Wanda introduced me to all of them.

"I do, Tony and Pepper's kid is my best friend, Morgan. We've known each other since we were little. Why do you ask?"

"Tony and I actually went to MIT together, we were in some of the same classes. Then we graduated and lost contact. I'm Bruce, by the way."

"I'll ask him about that! Maybe you two can reconnect." I said and he smiled at me.

"You're doing amazing, sweetheart." Wanda whispered again. Her voice brought me a sense of calm, I really appreciated what she was telling me.

"Y/N, would you be okay with playing with Nathaniel after dinner? He has been staring at you since you get here, that means he's too afraid to ask himself." The other brunette man asked and I remembered his name was Clint.

"Yeah, of course, I'd love to. What do you like to play with?" I asked the little boy who was sitting right next to his father.

"Trucks!" He exclaimed in the cutest voice ever.