Twenty-seven

Ari's POV

I slowly tried to get up from my seat, but every time I made even the smallest movement I felt pain.

So much pain through my whole body all at once.

My windshield was completely cracked, the glass was every where, I could even feel some of it in my skin.

"Oh my...what did I do." I panted, trying to steady my breath, but it wasn't working.

The music was still playing, but it glitched every few seconds, and that was when I remembered.

Y/N.

I was in the car with Y/N.

"Y/N! Can you hear me?" I raised my voice, tapping her left shoulder hoping she'd feel me and give me a sign she was okay, at least as okay as you can be in a situation like this.

"Y/N!" I tried again, but there was no response from her.

I put my fingers on her neck to check her pulse, but it was barely there, that was made me lose it.

"Oh my gosh Y/N, I can't believe this...I have to call someone!" I yelled at myself. I was so fucking stupid and reckless, it was all my fault.

To the aux cord was attached my phone, which I immediately picked up, hoping it was still functioning, but barely.

The screen was almost all cracked and there were several glitches on the parts that were still intact.

"Come on, come on!" I shouted as I dialed the number.

I tried calling it several times, and after a few tries they finally picked up.

"911, how can we help you?"

"Please, my friend and I were involved in a  car crash on the road near the resturant Elijah's, her pulse is barely there, please come help her!" I got out in one breath, panting even harder than before.

"Okay ma'am, I need you to stay calm, our team is being informed right now and will be with you shortly."

"Okay, okay, thank y-"

My phone shut down.

"Fuck!"

Okay Ari, breathe. Just breathe. Help is on its way.

I checked Y/N's pulse again, but it seemed even worse than before.

"Please hold on Y/N, they're coming to help us, please..."

I kept doing the same thing over and over, repeating the same words to calm myself down from thinking the worse had happened, but it just did.

It did, and there was no way I could've fixed it.

I heard the sound of a siren getting closer and closer to us, all that light made me notice that vehicle that hit us, but no one was inside, they ran away.

Whoever it was, they ran away, just like that. As if nothing had happened.

The paramedics came running at us and pulled us both out of the car with extreme delicacy, immediately putting Y/N on a gurney.

"Please tell me she's going to be okay, please..." I cried to the team that was checking me out for any several injuries.

"We're going to do our best, trust us. Do you want to ride with her to the hospital?" One of them asked and I immediately hopped in the ambulance.

I sat down right in front of where Y/N was placed, the paramedics were doing CPR but nothing happened, so that was when they intubated her.

"Is there anyone close to you two both that you can call?" The same paramedic from before asked me  and I nodded.

"My phone doesn't work anymore though..."

"It's okay, use mine."

I took the phone from their hands and immediately dialed the number, it rang a few times before she picked up.

"Ari, what's up?"

"Jules please come to the hospital and bring Morgan with you."

"Wait, what? Why? What happened? Wasn't your date with Y/N tonight?"

"We were in a car accident, I am okay I just have to get some glass removed from my skin and some stitches, but I'll be fine. Y/N..."

"Y/N what, Ari?"

"She barely had any pulse, they intubated her. I'm so sorry..."

"Oh my god, we're coming right now."

"We'll be there in a few."

Jules hung up and I thanked the person that let me borrow their phone.

My eyes couldn't stare at anything else if not Y/N.

This was my fault.

If only I had considered how dangerous it could have been to even not look at the road for a few seconds we never would've been on our way to the hospital.

I'm a fucking asshole.

If I had never asked her to go out, she would have been fine.

Why do I never mind my own business?

Why do I always let my impulses get the best of me?

I know, life is unpredictable, but how can I not blame myself?

"We're here, please follow me to the E.R so I can remove everything and get you stitched up." Another one of the paramedics told me, opening the back door of the ambulance, letting us all out.

"Wait, what about Y/N? Please, she can't...she can't...she has so much to live, please, just..."

"Don't worry, the doctors will take good care of her. Are the people who you called coming?"

"Yes."

"Okay, perfect. Could you follow me now please? It won't take much time, I promise." Their soft voice made me calm down a little bit too, so I nodded ans jusy followed them to the emergency room, hoping for the best.

Once we got there, they made me sit on one of the beds whils they got everything ready.

"So, what's your name?" They asked.

"I'm Ari, what's yours?" I asked back, but they just pointed at the tag on their shirt.

"Right, sorry."

"Maisie, it's Maisie. My pronouns are she/her, what about you and your friend if I may ask?"

"Same for both."

"Okay then, Ari. This is going to hurt a little bit, but to try and distract yourself from it you can start telling me anything you want, got it?"

"Yeah, I just don't know what."

Maisie thought about it for a bit before asking me.

"What's Y/N to you? You seem to really care about her."

Ah, of course. There it was.

"We met at work, we're both journalists at Oleg Resources. We went on a date tonight, I finally had the guts to ask her after beating myself up about it for weeks." I explained, Maisie just nodded at me.

"Keep going."

"My godfather owns a resturant, he actually suggested we should go there, he made sure it was just us...we had a great night, until the crash happened. It's all my fault." My head lowered, my eyes glued on the white floor.

"Don't beat yourself up, you couldn't have known."

"But I could have been more careful." I said, leaving us both in silence while she finished up.

"Okay, you're good to go. Please disinfect the cuts and bandage them everyday, got it?"

"Got it, thank you."

I was about to leave the emergency room when I saw someone storm in: it was Jules.

a/n: havent proofread 😃
currently struggling to write a chapter!! lol!!
anyways, i hope you enjoyed this!
love you all <333