Sixty-seven

Wanda's POV

Going over at Nat's helped me clear my mind from all the cloudiness, but I knew that couldn't last for too long. I knew I had to come to terms with what I had done as soon as I could, the faster I did it the better it would be.

"I'm going back home, I need to talk to her." I stated. I also knew Nat was tired, so even if I didn't have to deal with this situation I knew it was better if I went back home.

"Okay, let me know how it goes." I nodded at their words and said goodbye before closing the door.

Once I was in my car I immediately started driving, knowing that if I took even just a second for myself I would have changed my mind and told myself this could wait.

It couldn't wait.

Y/N couldn't wait, not anymore, at least.

It was getting late, but besides that, I got stuck in traffic for a good amount of minutes which was driving me insane.

I couldn't stand being stuck there for too long, especially considering my state. I took deep breaths, repeating to myself to just focus on the road and nothing else—just deep breaths, in and out.

I managed to get home after that, and as soon as I parked I started to feel nervous like it was all building up inside of me again. Like it could take over at any time.

I tried to shake the feeling off of my body, and make it go away somehow, but it only occurred making everything worse.

I unlocked the front door and made my way in slowly, not wanting to make any noise that could possibly alert Y/N, if she was still there.

I checked both the living room and the kitchen, but no sign of her. I checked my bedroom, hoping she had come out of the guest room, but again, nothing.

I went upstairs, the guest room's door was slightly opened, making me think she had come out of there, but only to leave.
I carefully opened it, and against my expectation, I found Y/N laying on the bed, asleep.

Her phone was still in her hands, so I put it on the nightstand.  I sat on the edge of the bed, taking a strand off of her face and positioning it behind her ear.

"I'm sorry, Y/N." I whispered.

I couldn't figure out if I wanted her to be awake or not. I wanted to apologize but I was afraid of her reaction.

She was hurt, deeply hurt. I could read it in her eyes and just remembering how she looked at me made my heart clench, I swear I could imagine the world crumbling right in front of my eyes.

"I've never felt this way, I told you that. You know how crazy I am for you, and you know that I would never do something purposely to hurt you, my love. I would never." My voice started to shake, I could feel my eyes burn with tears threatening to come out, but I tried my best to keep myself together.

My hand instinctively went to her cheek, feeling how hot she was. She wasn't even under the sheets, and neither did she have a blanket on her, so I grabbed one from my room and covered her with it, and as soon as I did I felt her move.

I hesitated to keep talking, not knowing if she was going to wake up.

Y/N stretched her arms, she looked around before realizing she wasn't alone in the room.

"Oh, hey. When did you get back? I thought you were staying at Nat's." She asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Just a few minutes ago, I just wanted to check up on you. I'll go to my room." I got up, ready to leave the room.

Walking felt harder than usual, like something was trying to stop me, pushing my feet on the ground so harshly that I could barely move. I reached the door, but before I could step out of it I turned around, seeing her gaze still on me.

"I'm sorry. I never should have raised my voice at you, I never should have made you feel like you were guilty of something you didn't even know about. I'm sorry for not telling you, I...I thought I could figure it out on my own, make that not happen, but it's bigger than me. It's bigger than me because she has the right to what is mine now." I let out in one breath but still focused on how concentrated Y/N looked while I was talking.

She stood up and walked to me, I was taken aback by what she was doing, I definitely wasn't expecting her to do that.

"I'm yours, Wanda. The company might risk not being yours anymore, but I always will be. You don't have to push me away. I can see how hard it is on you, but I am here to help you even in the littlest way there is, get it?" She spoke with such softness, her voice could make anyone love her.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I kept repeating while she took me in her arms and hold me as tight as she could without hurting me.

"It's okay, you're going to be okay, we're going to be okay."

"I'm so scared, Y/N. What am I going to do without the house?"

"Look at me, love." Y/N took my face into her hands, caressing my cheeks. "You are a powerful woman, anyone would want you working with them. Heck, with all due respect, screw Oleg Resources. You can start your own legacy, Wanda. You are capable, you are hardworking...you would be amazing."

That thought had never crossed my mind, actually, maybe because I didn't want to reach for the stars and just stop at a bright light.

"I...I don't know, maybe. I just wanna focus on this right now." I whispered and she nodded at me.

"That's okay, let's take it step by step, yeah?"

"Okay."

"Why don't we go to bed?"

"My room?"

"Yeah, your room."

Y/N and I held hands as we walked into my room, laying together as she wrapped her arms around my waist. She seemed to quickly fall asleep, meanwhile, I was restless.

I heard my phone go off, I took it out of my pocket to put it on silent mode, I wanted to just ignore whoever was texting me, but I knew I couldn't once I saw the name.

Anya
Y/N is your girlfriend, isn't she?
There was quite a chemistry.

Sister, I suggest you give me what's mine if you don't want me taking what's yours.

a/n: -3 🥲
i am so very sorry