Fifty-six

Wanda's POV

Everyone parked their cars outside, I was about to walk in when I heard a voice behind me.

"Wanda! Can you come help me? I think one of my wheels is punctured!" Steve said.

"Like, right now? You just parked though." I walked closer to his car and bent down to check out the wheel he was pointing at, but it seemed completely fine to me.

"Steve, this wheel is fine." The blonde man hesitated a little bit before answering, he passed a hand through his hair, adjusting it.

"Oh, right. I must have imagined it, sorry Wands." I gestured to him that it was okay and we walked together to the entrance where the rest of the group was waiting for us.

"Come on! Hurry up!" Kate and Yelena shouted, making everyone laugh.

I used my keys to open the door and turned on the lights as soon as I walked in.

"Surprise!" I heard way too many people shout, including the group who was behind me who got a glare from me.

"I could've lost an eardrum." I stated, hearing some people chuckle.

In front of everyone in the room stood Morgan, Jules, Natasha, Maria, Pietro, and most importantly, Y/N.

She was wearing a silly hat that had "Happy birthday" written on it.

Y/N ran up to me and hugged me tight, making up for all the distance there was during these days.

"I'm sorry, love. I would've ruined the surprise if I was with you for more than five minutes."

"It's okay, baby." I took her in for a kiss and heard everyone around us make disgusted noises.

"Get a room." My brother gave me a playful slap on the shoulder, and he obviously got one in return.

"Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be who knows where?"

"What? Aren't you happy we got a birthday party?"

"Oh uh, my girlfriend got a birthday party." Y/N corrected my brother as she wrapped one of her arms around my waist, feeling my heart skip a beat.

"When did she get so rude?" Natasha joined the conversation, and next to them was Maria.

"You! You knew!" I let myself out of Y/N's grip and smacked Nat's arm. "You played pretend!"

"What? I couldn't be the one to ruin it for you!" They protested, I loved making her mad.

"It's all excuses, Natasha."

"Fuck you."

"College. Remember that." I spoke, making their eyes go wide.

"Remember what?" Y/N chimed in.

"Nothing, pretty girl. Let's go find everyone else."

The party was going amazing, all of my friends were there. Clint had brought his kids and Scott had brought Cassie, who I haven't seen in a while. As soon as she spotted me across the room, I immediately saw her tiny legs run as fast as they could toward me.

I bent down, ready to pick her up in my arms. She had just started elementary school, but she was always going to be my little girl, just like Clint's kids.

I watched them grow up and my heart was full of them.

"Auntie Wanda, happy birthday!" She shouted, making herself heard by everyone.

"Cassie honey, don't yell!" We could hear Scott's voice, but we ignored him.

"Daddy is kind of silly, he tells me not to yell, but he just yelled." Her words made me laugh, I swear this little girl had the best sense of humor a child could have.

"He is, isn't he? So, anything interesting happened at school? You're a big girl now." I walked to the empty kitchen, I couldn't hear her loud enough as she had a quiet voice and everyone talking, plus the music, made it hard for me to hear her.

"I am! The teacher taught us how to write our names, I never knew mine was so pretty!"

"Well, it is pretty because you are the prettiest little kid in the world!" I saw her scrunch her nose, my heart absolutely melted at the vision.

"I am?"

"Of course you are! You've got these big brown eyes, your gorgeous hair...I bet all the boys in your class have a crush on you, but don't tell your dad I said that." I whispered the last part, hearing her giggle.

"I won't." She whispered back.

Our conversation was interrupted by a few people walking in the kitchen, telling me it was time for the thing I hated the most: the happy birthday song.

I put Cassie down and we walked to the table where everything was set, I held her hand before letting her go back to her dad.

"You ready?" I heard Y/N say, kissing my cheek.

"Yeah, of course." She could clearly see I didn't like this part much, so throughout the whole song she held my hand. I blew out the candles and everyone cheered, knowing my friends it was probably because they just wanted the cake.

When everyone sat either on the chairs or on the couch to eat their slice, it was just me and Y/N behind the table.

"Thank you, my love. I usually don't like celebrating my birthday, but I loved every second of this."

"I really love you, you know?" She said, leaving me speechless. As soon as Y/N realized what she had said, her hands went immediately to her mouth.

"Best. Birthday. Gift. Ever." I said, giving her a kiss for every word. "I love you too, Y/N."

It happened, I finally let her know just how much she meant to me.

I was so stupid to think that she might have regretted all of this, because I could see just honest she was being by looking into her eyes.

I had found her, the person who was meant to make me fall in love.

a/n: i just wanna know why whenever something happens in my life it just goes incredibly wrong.
like, are there some sort of bigger forces in the universe coming together against me? i guess i'll never know
anyways they said the infamous three words omg