Seventy

"Hey, my love.
If you're reading this, it probably means the worst thing I thought of had to happen.
I wish I could've told you this in person and not have Natasha hand you a piece of paper, but it will do, or at least I hope so.
Anya took over, but that's not what's worrying me, you said it. I'm a strong, independent and hardworking woman and anyone would be lucky to have me work for them, just like I was lucky to have you work for me.
I knew there was something about you from the day I first met you, and I know it took me time to come to terms with it but better late than never, right?
I don't know if you'll go back to work, but from what she said, she wants to change everything I ever did for the house and make it her own, she might even change the name of it. It's up to you, love. Do whatever feels best.
I want you to know that if I left it's only because I can't risk you getting hurt in any way. Whether it is mentally, physically, emotionally...I can't. Just the thought of it makes me sick.
I don't need to worry anymore, because I know that you're safe.
That's all I've ever cared about.
Don't ever think I did this because I didn't love you or that this was my intention the whole time. My intention was to love you in every way that I could, make you feel alive like you did with me all this time.
I love you more than life itself, Y/N.
But that doesn't mean everything was going in our own way, because you and I know that life isn't always fair, we can try our best to make it that way, however, most of the time we're going to end up failing.
If it wasn't fair to us together, I hope it will be to you alone. I hope everything you've wished for, everything you've ever wanted to be becomes your reality.
I know mine did. I've only ever wanted someone to love me for who I am, and I was lucky enough to have you. Maybe that was all the fairness I deserved.
Don't ever doubt my love for you, my sweet girl. I will continue supporting you from wherever I am in the world, wishing you the best there is.
I'll also continue cherishing every small moment we ever shared, starting from our first fight.

"I just want to know how I can help, you helped me when I needed it and I want to do the same."

"Well, guess what? You can't! People think I'm a murderer for fuck's sake! How can anyone help me from this?"

"Why are you letting those dumbasses get to you, Wanda? You told me yourself, they just want to be up your ass, they're annoying, that's how they're built! You know what you did and you know what you didn't do, who cares about them?"

"The whole country does, Y/N! People already hate me, can you even imagine what they're going to say when they learn that I stormed out of that room?"

"People don't hate you, they're just clouded by what they read, it's not your fault Wanda!"

"No."

"No what?"

"Don't come close."

"Why?"

"We're work partners, I'm your boss. This isn't professional, you told me yourself at the fundraiser.

"We are work partners."

"We are, but there is something else, and you know it. It has to stop. I'm sorry about everything."

When I came to the hospital, leaving the part where I snapped at Ari, of course...

"I'm sorry. I never should have acted that way. I was mad, I took it out on you...I shouldn't have. I'm very sorry."
"I know I said things I shouldn't have said, or at least I shouldn't have said them with that tone."

"I understand that you were mad and took it out on the first person you saw, but is it true? Were we just work partners? Didn't everything that happened matter?"