𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

[ CHAPTER ONE: Assigned Partners ]

SOMETIMES BY FAYE WEBSTER BLASTED THROUGH ADRIANNA'S HEADPHONES, there was no moment when music was not necessary. It was always needed. Especially in a room filled with students who talked and gossiped about the dumbest and silliest things.

"I know that you all may want to choose your own partners, but this quarter, I will be assigning them, as last quarter, most of you struggled with your project since you chose your friends." Mr. Ramirez explained, "I will be assigning your partners tomorrow so please be ready. You may be dismissed."

The bell rang in sync, everyone grabbing their supplies and bags before crowding out of the room. Adrianna made her way towards her locker that was close. "Nah man, she's gotta be fucked up to be doing that, for real." A boy laughed as a group of boys and girls passed Adrianna.

She hardly recognized them but she did recognize Miguel, the long haired boy. He laughed along with a joke that was made as they made their way to their next class. Once she opened her locker, she grabbed her notebook and textbook for History.

Once she traded out her supplies, she closed her locker and sped walked towards the stairs, practically running to her next class.

_____

Adrianna sat in the back of the class, her arms crossed, a smug smirk placed on her face as she watched her best friend, Dahlia, present her history project. Dahlia was known to be the least serious person to ever exist in their school.

"...So this is my project! Thank you, thank you, don't all clap for me once guys!" Dahlia bowed and laughed at herself. Many other students laughing along, "Well, while that presentation was rather disturbing and weird, let's all applaud Ms. Stevenson!" Mr. Meyers clapped as Dahlia walked to the back seat by Adrianna.

"That shit sucked." Adrianna stated bluntly, while looking at Dahlia, the two stared before bursting out into a series of giggles. "Thank you very much, Anna." Dahlia nods before smiling and turning towards the front.

_____

"And then, if we save up just enough money, we could go to an amusement park." Dahlia exclaimed, "I don't think your 5-year plan will just end in rides and games at an amusement park." Adrianna gave Dahlia a look before giggling a bit.

Dahlia rolled her eyes as she stuffed her face with fries, "Anyway, I have Chem after this, y'know how Ms. Margot is..." Adrianna gave a face before grabbing her stuff, "'Kay bye!" Dahlia exclaimed as she watched her best friend walk off.

Once Adrianna was in the hallway, she placed the black headphones over her ears, making her way towards her dark blue locker.

The music was so loud that it poured out the sides, being a faint sound for anyone else who had walked by. She kept her head down, fiddling with her fingers before turning towards her locker and unlocked it quickly.

Just as she opened it, books poured out of her locker, falling onto the floor, making many kids turn towards her. "Shit," she whispered, once she bent down, grabbing a book, a pair of feet stood in front of her.

Adrianna quickly looked up to see that popular boy, Miguel Cazarez Mora, "Need any help?" He asked, "Uh... sure," Adrianna practically whispered. The boy bent down, grabbing as many books as he could, Adrianna doing the same and placing them in a pile in her locker.

Miguel passing her the other stack of books into her hands. "Oh— thank you." She gave him a small smile before putting the other stack into the locker, grabbing the top book for Chemistry.

"Oh, you have Chem next period?" Miguel asks, glancing down at the textbook. "Yeah, do you?" Adrianna already knew the answer to that, he sits a few rows in front of her.

"Yup, I haven't seen you in class," he says, confused. "I sit in the back." Adrianna explained, his eyebrows raise as he nods. "Anyway, I'll see you in a bit." Miguel gives her a big smile before walking off.

Adrianna nods before grabbing her supplies and slowly following along towards the classroom.

_____

[ NEXT DAY ... ]

"As I was saying yesterday, we will be having assigned partners." Mr. Ramirez started, "We have Emma with Oscar, River with Annalise..." As he continued on, "... And Adrianna with... Miguel." Adrianna quickly looks up, looking towards the boy that sat a few rows in front of her.

Miguel seemed to be chill, not doing anything than just staring up at the teacher. "These will be your partners for the rest of the semester. Maybe even the whole year, depending on how well everything goes."

Shit, Miguel was one of the most outgoing and well-known person to ever be in this school. He had so many friends, too many to the point where you couldn't even count on your own two hands.

However, Adrianna was far from that. She was quiet, had only one friend, and was far from outgoing to newcomers. How the hell would they be good partners?

——

a/n: HIII 🤗
idk how i feel abt this chapter but it's alr cause it's the first one.

tomorrow i have school so i'm going to cry and die 🤭🤭

i'm playing but like i got two tests tomorrow 😒

istg they giving us tests every single day fr .