𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

[ CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Friendly Flirt ]

A WEEK LATER...

"MIGUEL, pay attention!" Adrianna exclaimed with a laugh following, he smiled, looking down at his hands. "No." Miguel groaned, shaking his head, "Our grades are big, and they're coming out soon." Adrianna reminded him, Miguel gave her a fake annoyed look, making her grin.

"Can't we take a break?" Miguel complained once more, "Fine, only because I'm hungry." Adrianna sighed, putting the textbook and grabbing Miguel's arm before dragging him out of the library.

Once they made it out to the hallway, they raced towards the vending machine. "What're you gonna get?" Miguel asked, staring down at her. She shrugged, staring at the snack items. "I'm paying, though." Miguel reminded, Adrianna quickly shook her head in disagreement. "No."

"Yes."
"No."
"Yes."
"No."
"Yes."
"No, I was born first." Adrianna smiled, as if she won the whole argument, crossing her arms with a big huff. "That doesn't matter." Miguel shook his head in disbelief. "It does actually, because technically, I've been making money longer than you, I've been alive to receive money, longer than you. I've—

"You do realize I was in a movie, right?" Miguel argued back, cutting off Adrianna's ramble. "This is nonnegotiable, Miguel." She shook her head as she pulled her wallet out. "See! Look at all this money." Adrianna exclaimed, showing him the many bills.

"Anna, those are $1 dollar bills." Miguel smiled down at her, causing her to roll her eyes. "It's still money." Adrianna argued, "...but I'm still paying." Miguel concluded as he put in the money, getting all of the snacks that they could ever get.

_______

a/n: GUYS HOLT SHIT I GOT 1K READS
LIKE OMG THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH LIKE SO FUCKINF MUCH 😋🫶🏽‼️🙏❤️

_______

"As we conclude this class period, I would like to say that your grades are all very important for your future, so you all better step up your game on turning in assignments on time. As well as, completed and efficiently." The teacher sighed, the bell had finally rung. "You all may be dismissed."

Finally, they all escaped the classroom as quick as possible, it was a Friday. "Adrianna!" Miguel yelled from a few feet away. Adrianna quickly turned around, smiling at the boy as he quickly walked over. "Yes?" She asked, "Do you mind if we go on the bus together?" He asked. "Hm... no." Adrianna shook her head.

Miguel stared at her, "Adrianna, I know when you're joking." Adrianna smiled, "Sir, last time I checked, I didn't own the bus, so yes, you can come." Adrianna nodded, a smile breaking out onto his face.

"Cool!" Miguel exclaimed, following Adrianna to her locker. "Are we gonna get milkshakes again, tonight?" He asked her. "Whatever you want." Adrianna smiled as she unlocked her locker to put away the last of her books.

"Anna! I've been looking for you since forever ago!" Dahlia exclaimed as she dramatically ran over, Adrianna laughing as Brianna slowly followed with a fake annoyed expression. "Sorry." Adrianna apologized. "My bad, didn't realize you were with your boyfriend!" Dahlia exclaimed, loudly. Loud enough to the point where other people looked over.

Miguel and Adrianna looked at each other, both red as tomatoes. "We're not together." Adrianna shook her head. "Yeah, not yet." Brianna winked. Dahlia nudged Brianna quickly, causing Adrianna to furrow her eyebrows in confusion.

"Anyway, what did you want to tell me?" Adrianna asked, "Oh! Nevermind that, I'll talk to you later." Dahlia waved her hand before running off.

"She's weird." Adrianna shook her head as she mumbled, "No wonder you guys are such good friends." Miguel shrugged, smiling as Adrianna nudged him lightly.

In true, brutal honesty, Adrianna had developed a crush on him, a while back.

Flashback:

1 month ago...

"I still don't get it, Adrianna." Miguel groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration. "It's okay, I promise." Adrianna gave a warm smile, she usually didn't smile this much, weird.

"It's all about measuring." Adrianna explained again, pointing her pencil towards the models. Miguel followed along. "Oh!" Miguel exclaimed, a smile on his face.

"I get it now." Miguel nodded his head. "Good." Adrianna smiled, "Now, we move to... English." Adrianna picked through the textbooks, finally grabbing the big English book. She grabbed the book, Miguel had seemed to reach for it at the same time. Their hands brushing past each other.

They looked at each other for a second, "Sorry." They both said in unison. Adrianna felt her cheeks redden, slowly grabbing the book again. Adrianna felt blessed that the library used dimly lighten yellow lights, if she were to be under bright lights, it'd completely expose her rosiness.

_____

a/n: 😋😋🫶🏽