𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

[ CHAPTER NINE: I love you. ]

NO WORDS COULD DESCRIBE THIS FEELING, Adrianna laid in her bed, that was once clean, engulfed in every blanket and pillow she had. Her whole body shook as she sobbed, her eyes hurting from the constant tear-shed, her head throbbing from the lack of water and liquid that was now leaving her body, her heart hurting and feeling like it'd burst from this feeling.

She was alone, no Dahlia, no Miguel, no Jacob, no mom, or dad, because they don't know this feeling, they don't even know what's going on, they don't know the feelings that had been pouring out of this girl right now.

Adrianna laid in bed, praying she'd wake up and this would all be a dream— no, a nightmare— wishing this was an illusion, wishing that she'd wake up to her parents laughing while making breakfast, Dahlia being up since she's an early bird and had spent the night, Miguel making jokes while he brought Adrianna her favorite snacks, Jacob being there to hug her and console her.

No. That wasn't happening, that wasn't going to happen, because this day, this night, this moment, was the worst feeling to be felt by any single human being or creature that had ever existed.

_____

Adrianna awoke with a pounding head, her body hurting, her feeling on the verge of passing out from the lack of eating and sleep. She knew that she needed someone, that someone would be Dahlia.

'Please come over, I know we haven't talked since the argument, but I need you, some fucked up shit happened at home.'

Adrianna laid in bed, feeling hot from the big blankets piled on top of her, but not moving an inch, because she knew that only Dahlia could get her out of bed. She knew Dahlia would be the one and only person that could comfort her.

Even if they ended their last conversation in bad terms, they both knew they missed each other, and they needed each other. That's what a best friend is, your other half, the one person you'd call to come comfort you, the one person that would know how to comfort you, the one person who knew almost everything about you but still love you for the many flaws you carried within you.

_____

A knock had abruptly come, "It's me, Dahlia." She said, Adrianna stayed silent, Dahlia walking in anyway, looking around the room to land her eyes on her best friend, who laid in bed, looking dreadful in that very moment.

Adrianna's eyes were red and puffy, her hair was fully tangled, her outfit being the one she wore yesterday, her room messy again.

"Oh Anna." Dahlia sighed, feeling saddened by the look of her best friend. Dahlia took her shoes off, climbing into bed with Adrianna, laying next to her and engulfing her into a tightly needed hug.

"I'm sorry." Adrianna whispered, her voice raspy and quiet from being both tired and drained from the tears last night. "No, I'm sorry." Dahlia emphasized. They both knew this conversation would need to be continued when they both weren't laying in a messy bed and were both feeling decent.

"They're getting a divorce." Adrianna finally says., Dahlia sitting up quickly and looking down at Adrianna. "I'm so sorry, Anna." Dahlia gave her a sad look.

The two girls spent their day engulfed in a hug before eating everything that came into sight, and watching all of their comfort movies. "Lia," Adrianna started, "Hm?" Dahlia responded, scooping some ice cream.

"Miguel asked me out on a date." Adrianna says, turning to see Dahlia's reaction. "What?!" Dahlia jumped up, "Where, when and how?" Dahlia queried.

_____

a/n: i love seeing best friends 🫶🏽