𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

[ CHAPTER TWO: Awkward Glances ]

IT WAS THE NEXT DAY, Adrianna sat in her room, debating if she should wear a sweater or something different, like a tank top.

"Anna, it's almost time to go! Don't wanna miss the bus, right?" Adrianna's dad smiled, as he stood in the doorway. "Yeah, I'm almost done." Adrianna nodded, finalizing her outfit with a sweater, jeans, and sneakers.

"Your mom took another shift at the hospital, you and I could go get pizza and watch movies!" He requested, Adrianna smiles and nods. "Sure, I'll make us popcorn too." Adrianna agreed.

Adrianna's dad nods before closing her door and walking off. Adrianna changed quickly, put her hair into two braids, her curtain bangs framing the sides of her face. Once she finished her outfit, she grabbed the big pile of clothes on the floor that she threw on the floor earlier, into her closet.

_____

Adrianna sat in the library, staring down at her textbook, trying to decipher the math equation. It was quiet in the library for a short moment until the door busted open, a group of teens flooding the entrance, laughing about something that was said.

"Kids, please be quiet." Ms. Robinson said, giving them a glare. "Yes ma'am." They all said before making their way towards the textbooks for a certain class. Adrianna had bitten her nails off as she tried to stay concentrated, sighing once she finally got the answer, calculating the entire thing to confirm.

"Finally." Adrianna sighed into her hands as she closed the math textbook and opened her History textbook. "Adrianna," Ms. Robinson started, "Hm?" Adrianna answered with a hum, her eyes still not leaving the book.

"Don't overwhelm yourself with so much studying, remember what happened last week?" She reminded Adrianna of the small cries that came from her when she studied every single day and avoided Dahlia to try and get the best score on the test. She obviously succeeded at that but had failed and trying to calm herself down and have time for herself.

"Yes, I know, but it's Friday! It's my last time studying until Sunday." Adrianna looked up at the librarian, Ms. Robinson.

Ms. Robinson had to be Adrianna's favorite person, besides Dahlia, she was the young librarian, who had great style, according to Adrianna.

Adrianna loved to talk to her because Ms. Robinson read real books, had amazing ideas, and who understood Adrianna in certain moments, mostly because Ms. Robinson used to be like Adrianna, the quiet, smart girl.

That's why they got along so much.

"Fine, you have 30 minutes left til' your next period so you better hurry." Ms. Robinson warned with a soft smile before walking towards her desk in the front.

Adrianna continued, writing down dates, years, titles, anything she could find that she knew she would remember. "Hey." A boy said, sitting across from Adrianna.

Her eyebrows furrowed as she placed her pencil down and looked up, Miguel coming into view. "Hi." Adrianna responds before looking down at her notebook, highlighting a section of the notes.

"Uhm, so like, Mr. Ramirez has us partnered up," Miguel reminds, Adrianna looks up and nods. "I know, I was there." Adrianna jokes. Miguel smiling at her before talking again. "The thing is," he starts.

Adrianna looks up again, her eyebrows raised with curiosity. "I, uh, I don't really understand math or anything that we're learning." He admits, biting the inside of his cheek in the process.

"Okay," Adrianna turns her full attention to him, "And... I was wondering if you could— like I don't know— tutor me?" He stammered. Silence swallows the two in whole as they stare at each other, Miguel shifting his gaze every few seconds.

"Okay," Adrianna accepts, "Sure." She nods at his request, Miguel's face fills with relief, "Thank you," he smiles, she nods, a faint smile showing before she looks down to her notes.

"What's your number?" She asks, Miguel's eyebrows raise, surprised at her sudden question, Adrianna takes his silence and turns to a blank page, ripping out a small piece of paper and writing down her number and name.

"Here." She hands him the paper, collecting her books and items, "I'll see you later." She waves before walking away.

_____

Adrianna and her friend, Dahlia, sat on the bleachers, sipping on water as they watched the rest of the teens run around the football field. "Y'know, I feel so accomplished, knowing we're the only two people who finish first." Dahlia speaks her mind, gazing up at the bright sun, her eyes being squinted.

Adrianna smiles at Dahlia, "Miguel asked me to tutor him," Adrianna observed her friend look quickly toward her, a shocked expression evident on Dahlia's face. "Woah," Dahlia starts, "That shit's crazy, a whole celebrity asked you to tutor him. Are you gonna be famous now?" Dahlia joked.

Adrianna laughed, "I mean, I was bit shocked too, but I mean, he's nice, so I don't mind." Adrianna shrugs, "Ooo! Do you like him?" Dahlia says in a high pitched voice, jokingly. "Shut up." Adrianna shakes her head as she laughs at her stupid friend.

"Also, are you still doing your essay business?" Dahlia wondered, "Depends on who needs the essay." Adrianna sips on her water, "Adrian Samuels needs an essay, it's due on... Friday next week." Dahlia read off of her notebook.

"Sure, tell him I won't be doing the essay thing much longer, he's a senior for gods sake. How is a sophomore writing essay for him?" Adrianna shakes her head with a laugh.

Dahlia laughing along with her, agreeing on the topic.

_____

a/n: guys, i miss emmanuelle!!!!

i saw her a year ago today. men i trust is coming in november so likeeee i can see my baby soon 😫😫

also if diana silvers was my librarian, i'd cry and throw up. she's so hot fr 😋