QUEST FOR MAGIC

Here's Chapter Four to you people! enjoy!!!

_____

A lot of things had happened to Nico and he'd been through too many quests and met too many demigods and gods to know how to just go on with the weirdness in the atmosphere. But sometimes, he just couldn't help but wonder if the Earth took a wrong turn on its orbit. He was asking for an antidote to keep him from going lovesick over someone that was the same gender as he was. They were supposed to be the gods. Helping people should have been something they do without payment.

Apparently, Greek gods just think differently. That's they're 'style'.

Nico rolled his eyes at the thought.

"And what will my payment be?" He asked.

He couldn't think of any payment Hecate can cook up that involves him being in the Underworld unless she was using it to humiliate him and that just didn't seem like the goddess of magic. She was wise, as far as he'd noticed and not stupid to waste a debt to something like that.

The hall wasn't a place that any demigod - or god/mortal/monster, for that matter - would want as a hangout for absolutely anything. It was made specifically for intimidation and to inspire fear. Almost everything was made of obsidian from the floor to the walls and roof, as well as the tall pillars that led towards his father's throne at the front of the room, flanking the blood-red carpet. Hellfire burned on the bronze torches and braziers on the side providing whatever little light was needed for the palace. Plus, it helped in casting an eerie atmosphere, so that was a plus.

In the front of the room was a huge throne made entirely of fused human bones that somehow allowed its sitter the look of elegance as well as fear because(duh) who wouldn't be scared of someone who was sitting on a pile of bones? On the armrests were grinning skulls with glittering red rubies for eyes and another skull, twice as big as the identical ones on the armrests, was at the top of the throne with black gems that seemed to somehow be probing around and watching everything that was happening in the throne room.

Before, that scared the hell out of Nico. But the longer he stayed in the Underworld, the less anything in it intimidated him. He was practically immune to anything it could dish out on his way (except, of course for a certain black pit, but let's not go there).

A god was perched on that said throne. He was wearing a black silk robe that had wailing souls sewn literally on the fabric, swirling around it as if trying to get out. His milky-white skin was a great contrast to the darkness around the room that almost made him as translucent as the ghosts he oversaw everyday. Black eyes like deep abysses probed over the two visitors he had as they approached.

"Father." He said. Hades waved a hand at his son and Nico stood up.

Hades looked at him. "You have a question?" He said.

Well, obviously. Nico thought drily. "What am I doing here?"

The Lord of the Dead didn't answer. Instead, he glanced at the goddess a few steps behind Nico. They exchanged knowing glances, having a silent debate until Hecate sighed.

"You have a debt to me, Nico di Angelo, just as your has his own to pay. And because I'm a merciful goddess - " Hades and Nico both rolled their eyes in unison at this. " - I have decided to settle it with only one solution. You, son of Hades, will need to go to a world that I had, unintentionally, created."

Nico just raised an eyebrow as if it didn't surprise him. "I'm guessing this has something to do with, oh, I don't know, accepting an offer? A negotiation?"

Hecate's eyes flashed dangerously but she didn't blast him. Not yet at least. "Correct." She said curtly, walking over in front of him to stand in front of Hades with her back to him. "I was looking through your eyes the whole time you were having the dream although, you didn't know I was there. I saw it all, son of Hades, and apparently this threat is much bigger than I first thought."